What's for dinner?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1/3 head of leftover cabbage. Two handfuls of onion, 3T of jarred garlic. Cook until done in water. Drain. Cool.
Add some flour salt and lots of other seasonings of your choice. Add in some eggs and mix.
Drop large amounts into hot fry pan with some oil and brown on both sides.

Boy oh boy was this good! Cabbage fritters.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm baking some chicken thighs right now. When closer to done, might add BBQ sauce -- or just dip when they come out. Big chickens! Thinking corn bread while oven is hot.

Not a fan of dark meat BUT this was a case lot special at $5.99 per 20# case😱. I can't even buy beans for that! So have 40# which will be used. I'll sample these and decide whether I want to freeze some or, just can it all for cats....which is why I bought. Can't buy cat food for this price. :mad:

Thinking debone, can meat, broth from bones. That I will use! And, some can be in pot pies, soup, dumplings & cat food. 🤷. Picked up a case for DD...she pd for it.

People we're loading up...thighs, drumsticks. This is a semi- annual event. 😁

I'm gonna be real busy tonight :th

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
veggie soup yesterday afternoon for early dinner then a little bit later i had some macaroni and tomatoes because Mom made a fresh batch and i felt i should have some while they were hot. :) comfort food more than being hungry. breakfast was a few pieces of apple with peanut butter and a few spoonfuls of tapioca pudding.

i've sure dialed in my recipe as the past few batches have been near perfect. a little thicker than i'd like but that is still ok for the flavor. main thing is that it isn't too sweet so 1/3 cup of brown sugar per 3&1/2 cups of milk was just right. three eggs for 7 cups of milk. 1% milk, good vanilla, Minute tapioca as i don't care if the pieces are bigger or not and it cooks up fine for me in about 15-20 minutes. was not planning on making this again so soon after my last batch but the milk smelled like it may have been getting ready to go off and i'd rather not waste it (yes that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it :) )... so that has been my dairy for the past four days and will keep me fed for another two days.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I packaged it and froze...the chicken thighs. No time to debone and can then. So, next best. Did have some for dinner back at buy and cooked a doz yesterday eve for making things today with meat. Cats get theirs.😁