What's for dinner?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
More use for excess squash. Lots of larger yellow squash, so I pitted (for the chickens), cubed, tossed into deep frying pan with chard, onions, sun gold tomatoes, seasoned with lots of thyme and basil and pepper/salt. Simmered for 30 min, retaining some of the liquid from the veggies.

Put a undiluted can of cream of whatever soup into pan. Stirred together, dropped several large pieces of cooked pork chops into the mix and simmered again. Served over cooked pasta with steamed broc on the side.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have enough odds and ends around for today that we won't be doing too much cooking. i'm quite ok with that. mowing will be enough exercise. temperatures all over the place this week. at least no more rain for the moment in the forecast. i need a few more days of dry weather to be able to get more weeding done but at least getting somethings done around here so it's not looking like the jungle it was... well, mostly... :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thawing some left over turkey, making a pot of soup ,
Well, I thought it was turkey but it was the bones and such I saved for broth, so I boiled it down to a nice creamy broth—-
Garlic; onion; celery; cabbage ; potatoes all from my garden and chopped clams & bacon bits,
Ta-Da clam chowder

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Flexibility! :celebrate a good cook working :drool

I fixed a steak, with a side of sauted mixed veggies, a little of this and that. 🤣