What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i really like squash with some cheese melted on top and a few dribbles of hot sauce. my question for today is if i have dinner for brunch and then have other snacks for dinner. i have the last of the limeaide to finish up and that will go well with either schedule. too many choices this early in the morning may make me panic and go back to bed...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not cookies. Mom is on another baking frenzy and is on round 3, not sure what she is making this time. i've been good so far and only had one cookie all day. will be a challenge though as cookie dough is a real weakness and i'm getting hungry enough for dinner.

perhaps some more squash and a little cheese. last night i had chicken soup from a can, but i drained (and ate) a lot of the liquid before i put some squash in with it and then had that for dinner.

i don't want soup tonight, but squash i will enjoy in about any way i can get it. hmm... fresh veggies would be good too but all we have are carrots and i don't really want anything more orange than what i've already been up to. :) simple and quick is more likely.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a can of sardines for lunch (but they were really sprats). Mom doesn't like the smell of them so i found a way to where i could eat them and she would not smell them as much. i did not go out in the garage (which was another option :) ) - instead i filled a quart container with some water and dish soap and then came in my room and ate them and then put the sardine can and lid into the soapy water. of course Mom said put some bleach on them but i didn't do that until i was done washing the dishes. no complaint from Mom and i was able to satisfy my craving for some slightly smoked fishies.

later on we'll be doctoring up a small pizza with onions, mushrooms and swiss cheese. or at least that is the current plan...

if we had kitties around they would now be my best friends trying to figure out where i hid the fishies. :)