What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
impromtu goulash yesterday (we had some sloppy joes and some macaroni and tomato juice ready in the fridge so i warmed up some of the first and then added the 2nd).

dinner was a few hot dogs with mustard and some sliced apples.

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh good! A dinner thread! I love it! I'll have to go back and read some of the creative things you all have made.

This is taco Wednesday for us, so leftover prime rib has been turned into street tacos, complete with avocado, roasted Anaheim chilis, cilantro, salsa, cheese and sour cream. I made an Elote (Mexican corn) salad, some fried beans and Spanish rice to go with. My favorite day of the week for food. 😋

I'm currently learning to make my own corn tortillas for taco Wednesday. The store bought ones fall apart if you look at them wrong, so this was the only way to get them since there are no Mexican grocers in my area. Turns out they are super easy!!! Taco Wednesday just got better!!! Such a great way to use your leftover meats.....and fish!!! ...and chicken! :hide

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh good! A dinner thread! I love it! I'll have to go back and read some of the creative things you all have made.

This is taco Wednesday for us, so leftover prime rib has been turned into street tacos, complete with avocado, roasted Anaheim chilis, cilantro, salsa, cheese and sour cream. I made an Elote (Mexican corn) salad, some fried beans and Spanish rice to go with. My favorite day of the week for food. 😋

I'm currently learning to make my own corn tortillas for taco Wednesday. The store bought ones fall apart if you look at them wrong, so this was the only way to get them since there are no Mexican grocers in my area. Turns out they are super easy!!! Taco Wednesday just got better!!! Such a great way to use your leftover meats.....and fish!!! ...and chicken! :hide

So many brands crumble. Hubby is on low salt diet so corn is the only option for us. I've made tortillas before and they are super easy. I use masa for a dredge on fish and chicken so always have some anyway

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i am often very inspired by this thread even if the chances of me actually cooking these things is pretty slim. Mom is making peanut butter pies this morning and i'm not planning on that for breakfast but it is a nice daydream when figuring out what to do next. probably a slice of Boston Brown bread with peanut butter or the cranberry pecan version (which is also very good).

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Second try on pizza tonight. The dough was frozen from the last pizza, but still good. Can't get a decent pizza anywhere within 50 miles of our place. Haven't checked beyond that. But I know I have had one in Virginia and So California. Chicago? Meh. New York? Meh. I must really love So Cal Pizza. Anyway, so far so good. Watching some great videos on Youtube for the dough. No problems with the toppings or the sauce. Just trying to get the dough right. Anyone have a tried and true recipe I need to try?