What's for dinner?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never had rabbit but that sounds delicious!
You guys are killing me with the fish pictures lol!! (serious fish phobia here)

Last night we had venison stew with honey cornbread muffins. Tonight is just pasta with italian sausage (which is in the very bottom of my chest freezer, ugh) and I'll probably make garlic breadsticks.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
every once in a while they have a sale on rabbits at our market, making them reasonable for our budget. Everyone likes the break from the chicken/pork/beef/fish cycle.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slow cooker pork chops sprinkled with salt -n pepper, sliced garden onion & fresh canned pineapple chunks (I watched my wife make it) garden winter squash with butter & brown sugar and white rice.
IMG_20171025_184620811.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks good. Now...let me see if I got this straight....she canned onions and pineapple together?

No sorry... Onion was whole / cured. The pineapple was canned. She buys whole pineapples from Aldi's and sets them.on the counter until ripe. Then she cores them and cuts them into chunks and cans them. I think she water baths them - but can't be forsure.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ohhhhhh...... My bad! I thought she had some creative recipe for pineapple/onion salsa of some kind. :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Broccoli cheddar soup with homemade dinner rolls... And now we're going to have some apple/blueberry crisp with vanilla ice cream.

Shhh... Don't tell my midwives. They would so not approve of my dinner plans! I'm supposed to like, eat healthy and stuff?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll never tell....but...what's not healthy with that dinner? Looks like you covered most of the important food groups, veggies, proteins, carbs, fruits, and DESSERT!!! What's wrong with that??? :D

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leftover soup and rolls, but I threw a pork tenderloin in the crockpot to make sure we had enough food for us all (DH really liked the soup, lol)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leftovers for tonight, plus a big green salad. Since the tomatoes are all gone, I've been adding some green olives, sliced pepperoncinis and pickled pepper strips to the lettuce; it makes a nice salad! We have 1 serving of low-carb macaroni and cheese, and 2 servings of chicken and cauliflower casserole. We just got a quart of frozen huckleberries this afternoon; some of those are going onto the ice-cream for dessert.