What's for dinner?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight is lazy night here. I haven't been able to breathe well with the cold temps and it takes a lot out of me since I still have outdoor chores.

Hubby requested chili dogs. I'm all for that even if I'll only be eating the chili. Really lazy since it's canned stuff.

Did a wonderful potato soup Tuesday and we've been eating on that.

Meatloaf rolls on Sunday fed us Monday as well. I use barley instead of bread in meatloaf. For the rolls I get the extremely thin cut beef for shabu shabu and wrap it around a bit of raw meatloaf then bake. Makes for easy portioning and taking in lunches.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My meals have hardly been brag-worthy lately. I figure if I start in the morning, I can maybe have quiche ready for dinner tomorrow evening. Maybe.

Mm meatloaf. Going to have to do that soon. Meatloaf with ground pork is the best.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Funny you should mention meatloaf. A couple weeks ago I pre-made some meatloaves to have ready to go in the Instant Pot. Sooooo, I put some frozen Lima beans in the bottom, the frozen meat loaf on a rack above the beans and some sweet potato rounds in a steam basket sitting on top of the meat loaf. Turned it on and :fl that it works.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big ole pot of cabbage soup my wife made for dinner tonight plus canning. Nothing beats cabbage soup for dinner.after several days of cold rainy weather.

There's that big 5 gallon stainless steel pot again. I sure got my moneys worth out of that pot.
uploadfromtaptalk1438136561646.jpeg

Cabbage soup recipe ---> http://allrecipes.com/recipe/82923/healing-cabbage-soup/