What's for dinner?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight was baked ham, cauliflower au gratin (using swiss and camembert cheese because I had bits of both), and sauerkraut with dill and garlic.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds yum, @Britesea Heck, your meals always sound yum! I pre cooked some potatoes and tossed them in the oven with lamb chops yesterday. Served it with peas. DS wanted something "different" and asked for steak lol I felt like lamb instead and he was happy with that.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
When I was at the butchery yesterday I impulse bought a portion of steak stir fry (ready to cook) and had that with rice for lunch today. I'm definitely going back for more soon! Gosh, it was delicious. I'll add more veg though, they only had peppers and carrots with the meat strips and sauce.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds yummy!

We are having baked haddock and broccoli with cheddar. All healthy and stuff. Both foods I love though!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I came home from a long day running errands, doing Tai Chi and water aerobics, and a physical therapy appointment to find that the dinner I had planned was going to require 4-5 hours in the crockpot. I'd forgotten about that. So I didn't have anything thawed and I didn't feel like fixing any of the freeze-dried stuff (gotta work on getting more variety made up). I found some Basque Chorizo sausage, grabbed some freeze-dried peppers and onions, and a lonely can of chop suey vegetables and stir fry sauce that I'd bought on a whim a long time ago, and made a kind of stir fry. I was afraid the flavors might be kind of weird, but it came out surprisingly tasty.

I'll make the other dish tomorrow- Reuben Soup.