What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dang, last night I had some garlic stuffed olives and a chunk of cheese, lol. I was real tired...

Tonight I might have the same...

However, I did cook a brisket for about 14 hours - just too tired to eat it. Maybe tomorrow.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Palamino trout? That sure is a pretty fish!

Yes ma'am - it's a natural result of the crossing of a golden rainbow and a reqular rainbow. They are quite common here in southern IL. Although not near as common as rainbow and golden rainbow.

I haven't caught many Palamino big enough to eat but the few I have caught their flesh is a tan color, where as the flesh of a rainbow it's light pink.

Palamino are very predictable - they can't resist silver spooned spinners.

IMG_20180401_203121.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish we had trout here, they sure are pretty fish. But it's too danged hot!

Honestly perch and trout are the only fresh water fish - I fish for around here. In my younger days I loved to fish for walleyes & small / large mouth bass but i guess my tastes got refined or something with old age.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Either one would be delish! And now I've put cabbage on our menu for tonight....I'll probably sautee it with bacon and a little bit of onion. We love it that way - it's still kinda semi-crisp and the bacon fat imparts a really nice flavor! Thanks for the inspiration!

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My modem died and I have been absent for a couple days. Glad to see everyone is still eating good!