Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DSC00006.JPG
We just had Stuffed Bell Peps. I'm now considered stuffed:lol:

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
With pictures of food like you post, you should market your seasoning mix! LOL
You should join us over at the yard bird site. We have a Food Photography Thread. It's not a "Foody" thread where people snap what they are eating at some restaurant. It is more or less a place to share your HARD WORK in your kitchen while feeding your family & such.
After slaving over a hot stove every night/day, all those memories are soon forgotten of how hard you worked to prepare that meal-dish-cake-bread-etc. Our thread is a medium to keep those memories alive and a chance to share that food that took hours to make and seconds to disappear!
Baking/cooking/frying/BBQ/EVERYTHING...
The thread also inspires others to duplicate the dishes and recipes..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/show-off-your-yum-food-photography-thread.1205417/

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is a modified Brink man water pot slow smoker. Double Decker with twice the capacity of the standard model.
20180412_164754.jpg
Wet cured several Hams and Bacon slabs for 12 days in light brown sugar,black peppercorn,sea salt,onion powder,clove, ground rosemary, garlic powder and accurate amount of sodium nitrate. Thursday was the smoke-a-thon. I bet you could smell it a mile away. Blackjack Oak & Hickory wood. Started early morning until after midnight. The aroma was unbearable torture. I gained 5 lbs by smelling the farm air all day.
20180412_164707.jpg

BACON!
20180412_163348.jpg

DSC00005.JPG
DSC00003.JPG

HAM!
20180412_163500.jpg
DSC00067.JPG
DSC00070 copy.jpg

Just under 16 hours of smoking at a low temp.
clock.gif
Got to bed around 3 am. Our refrigerator reeks. You can smell the refrigerator with the doors closed. All is vacuum sealed except one ham and one bacon. The Vac Packs are gifts for friends and family. We had to empty a ice box because we have too many running. Trying to cut back on the utility bill now that the heat is coming back.
I wonder what is for supper tonight?
mcdonalds.gif
Maybe McDonald's?
:idunno

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
[SPOILER:DO NOT CLICK THIS IF YOU'RE HUNGRY!]This is a modified Brink man water pot slow smoker. Double Decker with twice the capacity of the standard model.
Wet cured several Hams and Bacon slabs for 12 days in light brown sugar,black peppercorn,sea salt,onion powder,clove, ground rosemary, garlic powder and accurate amount of sodium nitrate. Thursday was the smoke-a-thon. I bet you could smell it a mile away. Blackjack Oak & Hickory wood. Started early morning until after midnight. The aroma was unbearable torture. I gained 5 lbs by smelling the farm air all day.
Got to bed around 3 am. Our refrigerator reeks. You can smell the refrigerator with the doors closed. All is vacuum sealed except one ham and one bacon. The Vac Packs are gifts for friends and family. We had to empty a ice box because we have too many running. Trying to cut back on the utility bill now that the heat is coming back.
I wonder what is for supper tonight?
View attachment 6999 Maybe McDonald's?
:idunno [/SPOILER]

McDonald's?
IMG_20180612_225011.jpg