What's for dinner?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Parchment is great for cooking lots of batches of Christmas cookies. Just have a few sheets and slide the sheet of baked cookies off to cool while you get the next batch in the oven faster. They through a lit of uses on cookies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to make some chicken, broccoli, and rice tomorrow.

I'd make it tonight but hubby fell asleep as soon as he sat down down when he got home. I keep telling him to go to bed earlier

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, that didn't happen, so we had Buddha Bowls again - lettuce, onion, bean and burger stuff, yogurt (instead of sour cream), pumpkin seeds, orange bell pepper, and charred corn. (Just fry it in a bit of butter/oil until it starts getting a bit charred.) Oh, and topped with grated cheese. A couple of Tostitos to help scoop it all up on a spoon.

Sounds like my taco salad. Lettuce and veggie salad in a bowl, topped with taco meat, black beans, salsa or taco sauce, sour cream, and crunched up Tostitos. Makes for a fast, yummy meal.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mmmm...

I still want to try that chicken recipe, you shared with us. What's your thoughts on making it in a big cast iron skillet instead? I also have a lid for it. Be gentle I'm just a padawan learner.

Absolutely! I used a big 17" cast iron skillet instead of a baking pan. No lid. I think it helped with the browning on the bottom and there's no problem using it under the broiler.

Honestly, when I was making it, I was thinking that it was going to be a flop. After I put the skillet under the broiler and that chicken started to get those little browned areas...well, it went from 'just okay' to stellar! Yum. I'm ready to make it again. Good luck- you'll probably love it, too.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm totally worn out after working today. Have pizza crust rising. Don't even have the energy to go out and play in the garden for a bit. Tomorrow is a new day. Hoping a good night's sleep will recharge the batteries.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We will have to go out for Friday Fish fry, thank goodness this is the last week of lent. We are expected to meet friends at a local tavern, it just opened for the summer season so we HAVE to go...
I would love dinner and a movie! Maybe Sunday night...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely! I used a big 17" cast iron skillet instead of a baking pan. No lid. I think it helped with the browning on the bottom and there's no problem using it under the broiler.

Honestly, when I was making it, I was thinking that it was going to be a flop. After I put the skillet under the broiler and that chicken started to get those little browned areas...well, it went from 'just okay' to stellar! Yum. I'm ready to make it again. Good luck- you'll probably love it, too.

Thank You - I'm going to try it with my iron skillet.

Latest posts