What's for dinner?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah... My wife would not be happy if I made a mess like this. View attachment 10580

I wonder if I could use my big iron skillet instead of messing up a baking pan like is shown?
That's what I used. We have a 17" cast iron skillet and it held all the thighs I baked. I'm to the point where I need a crane or a winch to lift that skillet when it's got food in it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Any readers done much with Sorrel? I've looked up a Sorrel soup recipe. I have a short row of Sorrel that I started in my garden last season. Used some of it in salads, but otherwise, have no experience using this "green". Would love to hear how you use it.

Here's the soup recipe. I may try it when the plants get some size on them.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/polish-sorrel-soup-recipe-zupa-szczawiowa-1137117

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have nothing on Sorrel. Interesting, though.

For supper tonight, we're having modified Potatoes Ole'. I'm just trying to use up leftover burger/bean/taco seasoning that's in the frig, plus some Crispy Crowns that have been lurking in the freezer. If they're past the point of tasting decent, I have some potato slices in the freezer and we'll eat the stuff on top of American Fries. Some seasoning, sour cream, cheese, etc and he won't complain. I'll use Lentil Crumbles on mine.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Never heard of Potatoes Ole. Google search coming on.
Well, that didn't happen, so we had Buddha Bowls again - lettuce, onion, bean and burger stuff, yogurt (instead of sour cream), pumpkin seeds, orange bell pepper, and charred corn. (Just fry it in a bit of butter/oil until it starts getting a bit charred.) Oh, and topped with grated cheese. A couple of Tostitos to help scoop it all up on a spoon.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, that didn't happen, so we had Buddha Bowls again - lettuce, onion, bean and burger stuff, yogurt (instead of sour cream), pumpkin seeds, orange bell pepper, and charred corn. (Just fry it in a bit of butter/oil until it starts getting a bit charred.) Oh, and topped with grated cheese. A couple of Tostitos to help scoop it all up on a spoon.

Mmmm...

I still want to try that chicken recipe, you shared with us. What's your thoughts on making it in a big cast iron skillet instead? I also have a lid for it. Be gentle I'm just a padawan learner.