What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tried a new recipe for oven BBQ Chicken Thighs, cooked them in a huge cast iron skillet that we have. OMG, my new fav recipe for chicken and I'm 3/4 vegetarian.
https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/two-ingredient-crispy-oven-baked-bbq-chicken/#respond
Added ranch/bacon pasta salad (homemade ranch) and a lemon pound cake for dessert.

Yeah... My wife would not be happy if I made a mess like this.
Two-Ingredient-Crispy-Oven-Baked-BBQ-Chicken-1.jpg

I wonder if I could use my big iron skillet instead of messing up a baking pan like is shown?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Line the pan with tin foil and possibly put parchment paper on top of that. Non-stick and easy to toss the mess into the garbage can.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I usually just put the parchment paper down. Parchment paper is cheap from Costco. I haven't had wax paper in the house for years now.

If the sheet has stuff on it, I just soak it off for a few hours

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I find messes like that in pans pretty easy to clean up. Usually, the dog does pre-rinse, then I just soak and scrub. If I anticipate a difficult mess, I line with foil. Need to buy parchment paper. It's something I've never had in the house.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had aluminum foil stick to food too often and shred when trying to remove the food. Nothing wakes you up faster than tinfoil hitting a metal filling in your tooth!