What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Creamed chipped beef over homemade sour cream -n onion lightly toasted bread. DW knocked it out of the park but she most always does - very delicious & filling.
IMG_20170922_192107011.jpg

Hope you can read the recipe. It's worth trying... Really good!
IMG_20170922_193632419_HDR.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conga Rats! We will be at 32 years on the 29th of this month.

To all that wondered- the tortillas did NOT work- they went mushy almost immediately. Maybe if I tried frying them crisp first and then adding them on top? oh well... I've ordered some packages of the Impastable noodles- we tried them before and they are quite good, but expensive.

32,000 years :) congrats!!!

Our marriage has not been all Bliss. Marriage is hard work and like anything else if you don't nurture it, it will go to hell in a hand basket right quick. But my DW and I have had 7 children, adopted 2 and raised 2 more. Trust me when I say it's not been all Bliss. But totally worth every moment (good or bad). I could not imagine life without her. It's been a while since I bought her roses. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My dinner tonight was baked spaghetti squash with meat flavored sauce which I added a small can of mushrooms to for extra protein. I've got the seeds from the squash drying out on old newspaper once they are dried I'm going to attempt to toast them like pumpkin seeds plus put some up to hopefully get planted next year in a small garden.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:Lol Baby Bear gets more treats than I do - from both of us.

He's nothing but a 85+ lb 9 month old Rottweiler lover boy... He loves destroying stuff! Canning jar rings are his favorite chew toys. I have to throw away atleast 3 every night before I go to bed.

If he gets to chewing on a lot of stuff - I cut him off about a foot long or so piece of 2x4 that keeps him busy for a little while.

IMG_20170922_205452566.jpg

We've fed him large breed puppy chow since we got him and man he's a big boy for just being 9 months old. He's up to two big bowls a day and he's now drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water every day also. I would measure his back height and length but he's afraid of the tape measure.

Last edited:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@crealbilly, try giving him some full sized carrots. Ours loved them. No splinters in the mouth from wood or cut gums from the metal. Our Solo also loved chewing on ropes. We'd get a big piece and tie it into all kinds of knots and let her have it. When they're teething like that, they'll chew on anything. Solo loved empty water bottles (maybe it was the crinkling sound?) But we even found her chewing on the brick fireplace a few times! Our window sill has all kinds of toothmarks (and yep, we had to remove a few splinters).
We're currently dogsitting my niece's huge Rottie (our Solo's mama.) We've had her since Hurricane Irma. (They live in Tampa but my niece was up north for a wedding.) We'll really miss her when she's gone. Rotties have a terrible reputation but are GREAT dogs!
IMG_20170921_100908.jpg
IMG_20170919_110741.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@crealbilly, try giving him some full sized carrots. Ours loved them. No splinters in the mouth from wood or cut gums from the metal. Our Solo also loved chewing on ropes. We'd get a big piece and tie it into all kinds of knots and let her have it. When they're teething like that, they'll chew on anything. Solo loved empty water bottles (maybe it was the crinkling sound?) But we even found her chewing on the brick fireplace a few times! Our window sill has all kinds of toothmarks (and yep, we had to remove a few splinters).
We're currently dogsitting my niece's huge Rottie (our Solo's mama.) We've had her since Hurricane Irma. (They live in Tampa but my niece was up north for a wedding.) We'll really miss her when she's gone. Rotties have a terrible reputation but are GREAT dogs!
View attachment 4834
View attachment 4835

Ahhh she's so adorable - I have a huge soft spot for Rottweilers. My oldest son has a male Rottweiler named Aries and my youngest daughter has a female named Venus.

Here is a picture of Mrs V as a call her.
IMG950684_2.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dogs aren't the only ones that will get to chewing weird things. When DS-oldest was a toddler we had some built-in bookshelves all around one side of the living room. After a while, I noticed they had little teeth marks along the edges of the shelf that stood about 2 feet from the floor. I emptied the shelves and flipped them over so the teeth marks were at the back, but eventually they had marks on the front again. Luckily, we never had splinters.

32 years... it doesn't seem that long, and certainly isn't long enough. I think I'll re-new the contract :celebrate We've had very few disagreements or fights (except for maybe the time I locked him and DS-oldest out of the house for fighting in the kitchen and breaking one of my good plates)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck I had one who would sneak in and take a bite out of a stick of butter... It would have little hand grip prints on it and a big bite out of the end. :eek: (lol, no splinters with the butter either!):lol:
@crealbilly we agree. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dogs aren't the only ones that will get to chewing weird things. When DS-oldest was a toddler we had some built-in bookshelves all around one side of the living room. After a while, I noticed they had little teeth marks along the edges of the shelf that stood about 2 feet from the floor. I emptied the shelves and flipped them over so the teeth marks were at the back, but eventually they had marks on the front again. Luckily, we never had splinters.

32 years... it doesn't seem that long, and certainly isn't long enough. I think I'll re-new the contract :celebrate We've had very few disagreements or fights (except for maybe the time I locked him and DS-oldest out of the house for fighting in the kitchen and breaking one of my good plates)

What can I say... He seems to prefer wood expecially hard maple. And beside no stringy poop.

Latest posts