What's for dinner?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20190727_150122.jpg

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie that's one of our favorite "soups" except that so often I make it too thick and it's more of a stew. My recipe is slightly different but not enough to make it worth typing it all out. :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've never canned it, but I'm not sure why it couldn't be (except maybe for the hamburger?) My normal recipe is double this one, and fills a crock pot. I usually make large pots so I can have quick meals during the week. (The rice tends to absorb the juice over the week and it becomes more of a stew or thick rice dish over the week but in my opinion, the flavors only get better. (In the way a good chili does the second or third day.)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll have to try that when I get done with my big crock pot. It's been very busy lately, making infused oils, and finishing my PI salve.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not putting the salve ingredients directly in the crock pot! Merely using it as an improvised double boiler. I can set 4 wide mouth pint jars in it. I put a folded towel on the bottom to cushion it. So, I can go about my business while stuff melts/infuses in the crockpot. Minimal babysitting involved.

Latest posts