What's for dinner?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tonight we had an Easter Egger young rooster, I baked it. I wrapped green beans in bacon, 6-9 green beans to a bacon bundle, baked them on a cookie sheet, and a salad. That EE rooster was good!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cottage pie for dinner. I didn't have any ground lamb to make shepherd's pie so the beef version was it.

Then I found I had no onions so I dug up some of my Egyptian onions. I hate doing that. Their roots are so tough. They do work well in food.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Might throw together some soup out of leftover pork roast today. I have a head of cabbage that is begging for a job.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
tonight -- drumroll, please!

Jif P-nut butter, homemade bing cherry preserves, on a multi grained bread. :D

And I'm washing it down with some Chardonnay! :lol:

Wonder how those "top chefs" would rate this? :ep

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had chicken, broccoli, and rice. It's a one pot, pressure cooker dish. I found the recipe last year and it was tasty, but could get gluey sometimes. I didn't have any white rice today (what it had called for) but I had some brown rice.

Huge difference! We liked it even better.

Toast the rice in butter. Add chicken broth. Cook high pressure 15 minutes. Let naturally release pressure. Add cooked cubed chicken, bite size broccoli florets, and shredded chedder cheese. Add another half cup of broth and cook on low pressure for 5 minutes. Release pressure and fluff.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds quite tasty. I'd be throwing in a little bit of quinoa at the last cook, to up protein...just my little weird self. I don't always eat enough so up it when I get the chance.

But -- I like all the elements of flavor in that dish. You could easily use another meat in that, too. I'm thinking a red meat with peppers, onions & mushrooms. Maybe a little soy sauce &/or sesame oil ? Now I'm hungry.