What's for dinner?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

View attachment 4498
sauteed pork meat with tomatoes, garlic, onion, and liver spread, fried potatoes and green bell peppers, steamed rice and cranberry juice.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has been feeling a little under the weather since yesterday. As a result, he got lots of hot tea with fresh ginger and turmeric today. For dinner I made him some chicken soup - heavy on the garlic. He's in the shower now and hopefully he'll sleep well tonight.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had brussels sprouts, ribeye steak, and mac and cheese with bacon (hubby on that).

Yesterday was just a simple beef stew. That went over very well for dinner and lunch today.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 4498
We made baby back ribs, avocado juice, sliced tomatoes as a side dish, and infused water. a slice of chocolate moose for a satisfying dessert. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Latest posts