What's for dinner?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
pork spring rolls, Sauteed veggies with shrimp and pork. canned pineapple juice. Coronavirus ready baby!!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had what hubby called pizza burgers. Something from his childhood he wanted me to try. I'd got some of what are called outdoor rolls. Wide hotdog buns.

So long hamburger patties. Melted mozzarella. Pepperoni. Pizza sauce. Black olives if you have it.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20200323_211834.jpg

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

View attachment 4498
Sauteed fish, in tomatoes onions and black beans on steamed rice and a glass of pineapple juice.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

View attachment 4498
Well. We had some sausages fried eggs, fried fish with ginger sauce, and a big glass of pineapple juice.