What's for dinner?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
Fried fish, tomatoes and onion garnish. steamed rice, and a glass of pineapple juice.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A sandwich. I had a sandwich. I don't eat many sandwiches and this was a good sandwich, lol. Toasted Artisan bread, a chicken/apple sausage link sliced and browned along with some red onions. Melted swiss cheese on top of the toasted Artisan bread, a touch of mayo and another touch of honey mustard and those sautéed onions. It was a damn GOOD sandwich! With a side of really sour Kimchi! (and a dark beer) It was so good I don't need another sandwich for months!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

View attachment 4498
Spicy Crescent Italian Loop.
Chicken Taquitos in cream cheese.
Taquitos~Tortillas filled with a grilled chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, salsa and packed with spinach.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night was lettuce (from the garden) taco wraps. Tonight is a "yoyo" (your on your own) night. I'm thinking crackers and cheese. So creative....lol!

I was originally thinking about salmon patties but DH told me I'd worked hard enough today and that I didn't need to cook. Works for me, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mexican baked eggs:

EE1ED49F-38B4-4689-8C02-4C00E1C3C14D.jpeg