What's for dinner?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Idiot me. Sherm's Thunderbird had freshly grilled hatch chilies today. I bought some and decided to make a chili rellenos casserole-- requires the oven to be at 350 for 40 minutes :(
But the resulting meal is delicious. Some mexican pickled carrots and jalapenos on the side, and I bought some low carb chocolate almond ice cream for dessert.

Luckily, I'm making Chinese Chicken Salad for tomorrow, and I've already fried the rice sticks (figured if the oven is gonna be on, might as well fry stuff too?) So tomorrow won't be so bad.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cooked some roast beef a few days ago. I always worry a kilo would be too much for me, but it worked out really well. I had roast beef with potato, roast beef in english muffins with cheese and endive from the garden, and today I have put the rest of it into a pie. The pie was a bit of a throw together so I will be interested to see how it tastes when it gets out of the oven. I have half a tin of beetroot left so I might make a beetroot chocolate cake later. I have some strawberries to put on top :)

Not dinner, but breakfast. Fried potatoes dug from the ground this morning with garden onions and fresh farm eggs, just gathered yesterday.

Attachments

• ACA2D997-FBFA-4195-A89D-8173DCA60027.jpeg
    ACA2D997-FBFA-4195-A89D-8173DCA60027.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 185FF8EC-A9AE-44C7-80E5-35B70628D42A.jpeg
    185FF8EC-A9AE-44C7-80E5-35B70628D42A.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 305

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I cooked some roast beef a few days ago. I always worry a kilo would be too much for me, but it worked out really well. I had roast beef with potato, roast beef in english muffins with cheese and endive from the garden, and today I have put the rest of it into a pie. The pie was a bit of a throw together so I will be interested to see how it tastes when it gets out of the oven. I have half a tin of beetroot left so I might make a beetroot chocolate cake later. I have some strawberries to put on top :)
Beetroot chocolate cake? Are you using canned beets? I canned beets that I grew in a vinegar/sugar with cinnamon and cloves. I can eat half a jar. LOL What is your recipe for beet chocolate cake?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today was simple fare, grilled hot dogs my brother brought with him, salad, baked beans, and fresh baked blueberry muffins, oh, and potato chips, kettle style with light salt. very good all around.

Latest posts