What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a few apple pieces and some peanut butter, carrots, pea straws and some bbq chicken (not in that order). oh, and a few cookies. when it gets so cold my body wants to eat everything. :(

breakfast was coco grits with a hint of fake coffee in it (could not distinctly taste it but it did add another layer to it that i could tell was there) - just a hint added as the rate of me using this stuff up i'll have this half jar for another 10 years.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have one, yes ONE, wittle shank cross cut piece of beef from 2020. Thawed and will make a petite amount of ossobuco tonite!!:drool

i had to look that up but it sounds good to me, it would be a real challenge for me to pick between either this or eggplant parm... i love that too and don't get it very often at all as Mom does not like eggplant and we don't eat out.

various forms of pork also sound really good before breakfast, especially if someone else is cooking and doing dishes!

this morning i'll finish off the last of this box of grits. coco and a bit of fake coffee version today. but i'll wait a bit until Mom gets out of bed. she says she wants to sleep in a bit more and the heat is warming up the house for her too. i understand. it's feeling cold and damp this morning after yesterday's rains and now snow overnight.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At our Safeway, cheap pork chops were 77 cents per lb. I only got 3 packages cus there were only 6 left. Vac packed two huge chops per package and into the freezer they went. Kept back three huge chops for dinner on the BBQ tonite and leftovers for a couple of days.