What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does it ease the pain if I said she breaded, fried the slices and made a lasagna dish too?
Nope - not at all! LOL! :drool

But, I am finished with the pig and we are having garlic butter pork tenderloins for dinner with sauteed cabbage/onions and some cute little fingerling potatoes to go with. Eggplant parm will have to wait...:(

Oh - cabbage, pig and onions all home grown. Yay for sure fire farm food, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother goat meat. How do you find the taste of your butchered ones? Have you had the meat ones your raising? Did you find a difference from pure dairy-- beyond quantity, of course?

Your pig adventure brought this to mind 🤣

I can easily sub it instead of beef for most dishes...except a good steak!!! 😁. How about for you?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother goat meat. How do you find the taste of your butchered ones? Have you had the meat ones your raising? Did you find a difference from pure dairy-- beyond quantity, of course?

Your pig adventure brought this to mind 🤣

I can easily sub it instead of beef for most dishes...except a good steak!!! 😁. How about for you?

We loved the pygmy meat! Tasted sorta like lamb and beef had a baby, lol. The next one we butchered we didn't enjoy. Not sure if the meat went off or what, but it had a weird twang to it. That was a kiko/nubian cross. Had a friend of mine who is an afficianado of goat meat try it and she said the same thing - it had a twang. It was a wether and it wasn't breeding season so no idea why we didn't enjoy that one. :hu

We will try again.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well -- ya never know! The ONLY home grown I've used was saanen/Nubian and about 1.5 yr old, virgin doe. Will report on the next one this fall. 🤞😟 Hope I'm not disappointed. BUT have goat meat friends to share if I am. Geeze, hope not!! Ya know, it cost like lamb in the stores!! Big $$$.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Safeway had pork chops on sale - big old messy ones for 77 cents per lb. Bought three large packages and vac packed all but two. We've gotten three meals from those two chops. Last nite was two clearance packages of stir fry, half of a chop, some old packets of Orange Chicken sauce, over mixed rices. YUMMY!!