What's for dinner?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I loved me many fried bologna sandwiches with miracle whip on white bread!! Good for the soul food! I also like Spam.
There was this country gas station / grocery store / restaurant in Virginia on US52. I don't recall the name of the town. But they sold fried bologna whoppers. I mean it was a thick slice of bologna, like the same as meat on a whopper. When I would pass by that place. I thinking should I or shouldn't I? I'm telling you what, a stomach ache never tasted so good.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There was this country gas station / grocery store / restaurant in Virginia on US52. I don't recall the name of the town. But they sold fried bologna whoppers. I mean it was a thick slice of bologna, like the same as meat on a whopper. When I would pass by that place. I thinking should I or shouldn't I? I'm telling you what, a stomach ache never tasted so good.

the price of good bologna these days puts that burger up there where it probably used to be a budget item.

i'd gladly give it a try and doubt my stomach would complain.

some of my earliest cooking experiments were things like fried bologna and ketchup and i still love burned bits of cheese and bologna with crunchy edges. i think those were called poor boys when i got to college.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the price of good bologna these days puts that burger up there where it probably used to be a budget item.

i'd gladly give it a try and doubt my stomach would complain.

some of my earliest cooking experiments were things like fried bologna and ketchup and i still love burned bits of cheese and bologna with crunchy edges. i think those were called poor boys when i got to college.
You would have liked the bologna whopper then. Maybe try and make your own? It was just like a regular whopper but with fried bologna, big bun and all.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never forget the time I went to a goat show in Oklahoma and they promised barbeque for a welcome dinner. What did they barbeque? Bologna... They'd take a big ol' roll of bologna and put it on the smoker - then slice it up and slather it with barbeque sauce. Gotta say I was a bit disappointed.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You would have liked the bologna whopper then. Maybe try and make your own? It was just like a regular whopper but with fried bologna, big bun and all.

we're hardly ever eating that way these days. no big buns, no slathering and no big slabs of bologna. just bits of hotdogs. :) it's all the same to me though in terms of flavor and texture. i don't need to even have an actual one since i've had bologna so many times and fried, etc. so i can imagine it all well enough to be happy enough. :)