What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe some shrimp tonight...sauteed in butter with onions and peppers and maybe a sauce made with some white wine. Probably have some cauliflower rice to go with. If DH's blood sugar is in the low to normal range we could have a couple pieces of garlic toast. Yum!

Something like this:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sauted, cubed chicken breast on rice pilaf. Just have to decide on a veggies. I should hit the store and get some broccoli since hubby could live off of it.

The chicken breasts were on sale again, and even though I prefer dark meat, I figured out how to cook it without it being too dry.

Hubby wants me to run the smoker next week. He wants pulled pork.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Homemade...
Screenshot_20230402-171802_Messenger.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans

ham and scalloped potatoes on the menu this week here too. we have a big ham in the freezer that is going to get cut up and made into that plus pea soup and bean soup.

for us today simple fare again, baked beans from the freezer and apples, carrots and snacking around the edges. i'm still trying to hold steady but suspect i'll be going up a bit soon (love bean soup, pea soup and scalloped potaters...).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thinking chicken pot pie. Leftover from chicken & dumplings last night...add crust & veggies 🤣 dumplings were eaten!