What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All this talk of Amaretto has me digging through recipes.

Amaretto is also an ingredient in Bailys, so if you like Bailys there are also online recipes for that. i hardly drink much at all these days but once in a while Mom makes up a batch of Bailys and i'll have some of that.

when i was regularly making chocolates i kept on hand many different kinds of flavors of liquors. stocking up was an expensive hobby if i used the real things.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I made some Bailey's a few yrs back and probably why I had this partial bottle here.🤣. Yeah, I need to make more of that. Was good.

Tonight I'm having spaghetti with Italian sausage sauce👍 Bought that sausage this morning just to make it and there will be wonderful leftovers! A bottle of wine jumped in the basket for company🥰

Got a lb of fresh chicken livers...will fry those up tomorrow. AND since @frustratedearthmother mentions tomato/cuke/onion salad -- I have the crave for that. It will go with the chicken livers. Had to buy a cuke & tomato (😞) put tomato in a bag with an apple when I got home -- will ripen it up!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i had some egg salad and a few spoons of ice-cream. i really should have something else to hold me over but i'm also sure i should not have baked beans on top of egg salad. more ice-cream is also probably not a good idea considering what i had for lunch (pure junk food pastries).

i guess some apples would work. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm making some steak and onions in a bit as soon as Mom is done with making fried rice. i'm cooking hers with butter and garlic salt and that's about it. mine i'm slicing up and making a Thai curry so it's spicy, i have some dried ginger i want to put in there just to see if it works ok for cooking or not along with the spices and coconut milk. i need something spicy for a change.

and then tomorrow i'm going cook up some ribeye steaks and mushrooms so i'll be getting my meat quota for the next few weeks in two days. they all look really good - it's been a while since i've had anything other than ground chuck (which is perfectly fine for my tastes).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i know where i'd have liked to have dinner at @frustratedearthmother 's pad. sounded great to me - and even better if i didn't have to cook it... :)

we did grilled ham and cheese for brunch yesterday, homemade bread and butter makes it all yummy eats and for me i like a lot of yellow mustard. dinner in the evening was chocolate cake and a glass of milk. somewhere in there in between i did have some raw carrots so the day did include some veggies. :)

i think today will be another simple fare kind of day with some macaroni and tomato chunks - heat it up, put a bit of butter on top and i'm good to go. breakfast is ? i dunno...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i know where i'd have liked to have dinner at @frustratedearthmother 's pad. sounded great to me - and even better if i didn't have to cook it... :)
Thanks! It was tasty. I don't cook like that everyday but I need to put out a decent meal every now and then just to keep DH on track. If not, he'll be eating up every carb in the house, lol.