What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tonight was simple food, some nuts and dried fruits, some peanut butter and apple slices, a glass of milk. today was a kind of grazing around the edges sort of day and somewhere in there we had mushroom soup for munch (midday lunch) or minner. had some peanuts and a piece of chocolate (it was too noisy to be called peace of chocolate with those peanuts in there)...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
carrot salad, peanuts, cookie and milk. i feel like i am in kindergarden all over again. :) i would like another half dozen cookies and raid the cream cheese frosting that is here for the carrot cakes but ... i will be strong and resist. i hope... :)

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicken breast & brussel sprouts.👍

Whole chicken that I cut white meat from, put skin, bones & all else in my insta pot for broth....cats will get the solids. I'm not a dark meat fan.

I should use this insta pot more for summer cooking. First time used in about a yr🤔

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Making the wife blackberry peach cobbler
20230721_202706.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Saturday night's birthday party with some friends was great and i could make piggy noises as i really oinked out.

it isn't very often i have a four course meal and also go back for 2nds on most things except the dessert (carrot cakes which we brought - i had a large chunk of that for breakfast/lunch today and didn't need anything else until a bit ago). it started with appetizer of bacon, cheese, spinach dip and crackers. then it was a mixed greens salad with various fruits and some feta cheese in it and some crunchy things too, then the main course was pork loin off the grill and i put some bbq sauce on that and enjoyed completely, pasta salad and some onion quiche. all delicious... i don't normally eat that much and i was surprised by how it was all feeling, but i didn't really overdo it as we spaced it out enough plus i'd had a sandwich in the afternoon and drank plenty of water so perhaps my stomach was stretched out a bit more than usual. i don't really eat a ton of food these days. i have to remind Mom when she's doing portions to downsize them.

i tend to keep meals simple around here. today i had leftover beans to eat some of those and some macaroni and tomato chunks, and Mom made some spinach dip which is really more sour cream than anything so i put some of that on the green beans and tomato and noodles and then topped it with some hot sauce and it was another happy tummy. i'm not super picky about food and was joking with my friend last night that if it didn't move fast enough i was likely to eat it.

oh, yes, i had one potato chip the day before yesterday. that's it. the old commercials on tv said you could never eat just one... ha! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts