what's next?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when the virus scare blows over and the stock market is still tanked and everything is closed down what do we have to look forward to?

I'm betting on a deep recession. probably close to depression, or at least worse than 08.
everyone has been spending like there's no tomorrow and hasnt put back a cent. I'm guilty as well.....but what I've been spending money on is self sufficiency. :D

all those folks I been telling for years that hard times are coming stopped laughing. and I'm honestly ok with it. when **** is at its worst im at my best. when there's nothing, I make something happen. always have.....and now I'm better educated than ever. I'm actually kind of pumped

how bout you guys?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if the weather cooperates i'll be outside working on the mess i made from last fall. i was able to get out yesterday to make a whack at it. if the weather is cruddy i have a large number of indoor projects i can work on along with reading.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
when the virus scare blows over and the stock market is still tanked and everything is closed down what do we have to look forward to?

I'm betting on a deep recession. probably close to depression, or at least worse than 08.
everyone has been spending like there's no tomorrow and hasnt put back a cent. I'm guilty as well.....but what I've been spending money on is self sufficiency. :D

all those folks I been telling for years that hard times are coming stopped laughing. and I'm honestly ok with it. when **** is at its worst im at my best. when there's nothing, I make something happen. always have.....and now I'm better educated than ever. I'm actually kind of pumped

how bout you guys?

We got some put back, always do, It's part of the budget.

Personally, I'm going to look for some good property to buy, that I can finally call home. Over the weekend we missed out on 23 wooded acres with a pretty 2 story farmhouse built in 1948 for $105k. My wife called and it already had an offer on it :(

The market is flooded with property right now. I love land and my wife loves old houses. I'm pretty confident deals are to be had here soon... I think I would just rent out the house we live in now on 18 acres. Then when the market picks back up sell it. We are looking for "the" place it has to be way up in the woods with a old house on it.

Last edited:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think it will recover as soon as people don't feel afraid.
Which the masses are very forgetful, the panic could die down soon.

As for me, I will continue to look to where I can establish a more permanent homestead. Now, with a little more fervency...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think it will recover as soon as people don't feel afraid.

If Trump wins re-election, which I'm predicting he will. I think there will be an explosion of jobs in the manufacturing of medical devices and medicines here in the USA after this Chinese COVID-19 stuff blows over. I believe he'll make it a high priority to bring a lot of it back home, if he hasn't already.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Probably a bit of a recession.

Most people just bought and bought and didn't think about the future. They figured buy on credit.

Now I actually do use my CC for almost all purchases, but pay it off every two weeks. We rack up points and pay no interest. Plus it's safer if a company has a data breach.

We didn't actually buy much extra. Just a few extra of the fast consumables like milk and not more than we will actually finish before it goes bad. I also do spend the extra and only buy half gallons in paper. It keeps better as light causes milk to go off faster. I'm very picky on milk taste.

Not worried really about hubby's job as aircraft always need fixed. Sitting aircraft need more fixed. The more they fly, the less goes wrong. They repair and refurbish parts from airlines to personal.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Trump wins re-election, which I'm predicting he will. I think there will be an explosion of jobs in the manufacturing of medical devices and medicines here in the USA after this Chinese COVID-19 stuff blows over. I believe he'll make it a high priority to bring a lot of it back home, if he hasn't already.
Let’s don’t go there.

Latest posts