what's next?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hopefully Wisconsin doesn't follow suit - I am not ready to work from home. DH is already going to work from home, and our internet is probably not fast enough for both of us. I haven't built up my PTO enough to after teh cancer, take 2 weeks off work. I screwed up by burning all my sick leave for that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just took my wife's 125lb baby out. it's very calming out there with the sky overcast. No sounds of motors in the sky or ground level, no sounds of any human activity at all. Just the sounds of bullfrogs, tree dogs and coyotes. It's like I'm all alone on vacation, out in the middle of the woods - I like it, I like it a lot.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The national guard is working on a plans to quickly convert hotels, campus dorms and even stadiums into temporary hospitals should the need arise.

Both US Navy Comfort and Mercy hospital ships have been deployed. Comfort to NY and Mercy to Seattle. Comfort and Mercy are both fully equipped 1000 bed ships with impressive capabilities and staff.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought part of the Mexico border closure was because of the issues with Americans going over and buying out their TP and other stuff as well.

Do you think Chinese COVID-19 is limited north of the Mexico or south of the Canadian boarders? What is Mexico or Canada doing to battle the "demon virus"? I would expect some type of health screening protocols to be enabled at all US ports of entry (by sea and land) very soon, if it's not happened already.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's all starting to seem a little fishy

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it's all starting to seem a little fishy

Things are happening very fast my friend.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but maybe of interest.

i'm pretty sure that this particular microbe is not a recent mutation, it probably has been hanging out in bats for a long time it just had not made the jump to humans until recently. had it done so before? dunno. will be interesting to see what the science of this one will be. i'm sure they'll be working on it...

This is what happened with HENDRA virus. It lives in flying foxes/bats. It has not been known to jump from bats to humans, but it can be passed from bats to horses and then can be passed from horses to humans. It has been detected in asymptomatic dogs who had contact with infected horses. It is rare, but deadly with 4 our of 7 infected people dead. They developed an equine vaccine in 2012 but it is not known how effective it truly is as the transmission was so rare to begin with and ALL cases were strictly controlled, with any affected animals euthanized. It was just too dangerous for humans try to treat the horses. It was not given the chance to mutate to human to human, thankfully!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do you think Chinese COVID-19 is limited north of the Mexico or south of the Canadian boarders? What is Mexico or Canada doing to battle the "demon virus"? I would expect some type of health screening protocols to be enabled at all US ports of entry (by sea and land) very soon, if it's not happened already.

i thought they've pretty much closed the borders for non-essential stuff only. they probably don't have enough people to test everyone nor would it be a good use of time to try to prevent the spread since it has pretty much now spread everywhere.

IMO this is all way too little way too late.

Latest posts