What's your fav. deer rifle?

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
westtxamber said:
Hmmm...my bf was saying he thinks I'd like a 30.06. Never fired one so I don't have a clue. I did watch a youtube vid on one and the guy seemed to talk them up, uh a remington 710. Also said its a good tactical as well as deer hunting rifle. I think I really need to get out and shoot a few different types, kinda get a feel for them. Just don't know enough yet. What's the opinion on one of those though? Thanks in advance.

I definitely want to shoot a 12 gauge and see what I think...but Deb what's the benefit of a 20 gauge? I really don't know enough :p Never really been exposed to guns until now so...fill me in :p And thanks for all the advice guys, at least I'll have some idea what I want to try out before I spend the money on one. :D
I got a Savage Axis 30-06 for xmas. I LOVE it. There's hardly any recoil to it if you know how to shoot a gun. The only shot that actually made me a little tender is the one where I caught the adjustable clip of my bra strap between the stock and my shoulder. Other than that, I sat down and shot a box of bullets without any issue. It has a good length to it, not like you're trying to shoot with a 6ft long gun (that's what normal guns feel like for me, lol), and it's LIGHT! I was shooting the 165g bullets. Typically light guns cause a harder recoil, however this thing shoots like a dream. The stock has a shock absorber in it and it works, especially if you shoot it properly. Always remember to hold the gun tightly against your shoulder, and this will help to reduce recoil.