Whats your favorite type of hunting?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Squirrel and rabbit trapping.

I eat those varmits that eat my garden. It is only fair!

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's not really hunting but mostly target practice, Die Prairie Dog Die! They ruin the ground. And I've been told they carry monkey pox or somthing to that nature. Nasty lil things. It's sorta like that game at Chucky Cheese, where they pop thier head out of thier hole and chirp chirp chirp POW!Horses and Beef cattle stepping in a hole breaking a leg and wasting away in a field full of rodents who put the hole there no thanks. Here there are guys who kill them for a living buy either shooting them or poisoning them. For us it's a good way to sight a rifle in.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Having rabbit, partridge and deer hunted, my preference is the heart pounding, hyperventilating deer hunting.
Two of the reasons I do not really like to shoot birds: 1 have a hard time seeing them
2 shotguns leave a mess (IMO)
I guess you could say ditto on the rabbits also. UNLESS we have some early snow and the pelt changes to white. THEN the snow melts. That is a lot easier LOL.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
TX
we have gophers, same problem, holes in the ground. bad for any legs..LOL

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My favorite is Deer hunting, This year my youngest, who is eight has been coming out to the stand with me. The bow hunting season has started, I do not bow hunt but I like to go sit in the stand to see what is moving through the area. My DH and oldest son bow hunt. So far my two younger boys have been taking turns sitting in the stand with me. I enjoy this time alone with them. It is fun to watch them and see their faces when they see a deer or other animal come by.

I should add that this is the first year my youngest has been allowed to come along. It is a time for us to observe our surroundings and learn about the animals we are hunting.

billfosburgh

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
rabbit hunting here. we hunt almost every day. i breed,train&show beagles so i`m in the briars almost everyday. my daughter has always been my hunting partner until she went to BYU this year. she`ll be home in Dec. so we`ll get some field time before she goes back. she also deer hunts.