Whats your favorite type of hunting?

spiderman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hunting is my favorite type of hunting. Just being out in the woods, the calmness, and especially when you see your quarry, walking without a clue you are there, unsuspecting.

It's so enjoyable. ;)

fisherman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I started out squirrel hunting and rabbit hunting when I was a kid,I would save up my lunch money to buy 22 ammo for hunting,,yes,,kids could actually buy ammo back then.a box of 22 shorts went for 50 cents..then as I got older I got into deer hunting..loved it,but now that health reasons has pretty well stopped my deer hunting I still go to my tree stand and shoot squirrels with a 22,I still muzzle load hunt during the early season when the cold is not so bad,I set by the fire now on these cold days and let the younger guys do the work..during a streak of good luck last year during muzzle loader season I managed to harvest a fine healthy doe while standing on my back deck..hope my luck holds out this year,,best doggone deer meat I ever ate,, :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love my deer hunting.

Hubby is all about the birds though....he runs a guide service as a side business for duck and goose hunts. Webfoot Mafia Waterfowl :D

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Currently, rabbit, squirrel and dove hunting with pellet guns. Can't wait till I can get out and do some deer hunting. For better or worse we don't have an issue of feral hogs here, although I almost wish we did because I love a good bbq! Not interested in duck, goose or turkey hunting, unless I can do it with a bow.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
325265084.jpg

Me and the doe I took 2 years ago.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I really should get a picture or two of my deer blind. I am rather proud of it. I am not one for heights, especially when you have to set on a little itty bitty hunk of steel 25 ft up a tree. I don't care how good they claim those harnesses are! :lol:

I bought myself a gravity box, AKA a grain bin on wheels. I added a floor to it and set myself a blind on that. The blind itself is 5ft x 5ft with "silent" windows. I have a propane heater in it for those really cold days. :D What is really nice about it, is it is portable and the deer don't pay it any attention at all! I have taken 3 deer out of it so far!!

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN,

Funny you should mention that, I actually had a Dick's "hunting expert" swear that only 'real deer hunting' could be done from a tree stand. I tried really hard not to laugh, thinking all they while how many 1000's of years the first nations people hunted deer, elk, moose, and never once thought about climbing a tree to do so.

For the record, I have the same issues with heights.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I have found over the years........
As long as a deer can't make out the human shape, or see you move, your golden. ;)
I have a ORANGE Kabota RTV 1100 that I use around the place and for deer hunting. I had it over at the farm I hunt, when the owner asked me to come to the field he was taking corn off of(which also happens to be one of the fields I hunt!) When we got there, he pointed to a NICE 10 pointer standing in the woods. I DROVE to within 50ft of him, stopped but left the Kubota running, and he didn't move. We sat there for 10 minutes, inside, with the Kubota running, with the AC on, and he never batted an eye!

My blind is black, not camo, but the wagon is orange. I wear black while I am in the blind. I can open windows on 3 sides, set there and have does come within 10ft of it, and never know I am there. I had a yearling buck last fall, come to the stand to eat some corn and hay I had put out. He was actually UNDER my gravity box and never had a clue I was right on top of him!!

386054474.jpg

386054471.jpg

386054469.jpg

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Jaxom said:
SKR8PN,

Funny you should mention that, I actually had a Dick's "hunting expert" swear that only 'real deer hunting' could be done from a tree stand. I tried really hard not to laugh, thinking all they while how many 1000's of years the first nations people hunted deer, elk, moose, and never once thought about climbing a tree to do so.

For the record, I have the same issues with heights.
Jaxom............check THIS video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfgGNC3fkE