When is it time for the Rainbow Bridge?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve never had that happen, ever. How traumatizing for you and him too. Maybe when you have had time to grieve you can get a chuckle out of it. You said it-he went out like he lived. Difficult to the end-on his terms.

Did you really expect anything else?

I’m smiling as I write this, horrifying for sure, but from what you have described, it doesn’t surprise me. He had to throw that one last fit. It could have been the pain and fear he was already suffering and for that, you can smile with love in your heart because he is no longer suffering.

Go outside, put your hands on your head. Pull those last moments, that last bad memory, out of your thoughts. Cup your hands, and bury them under a rock. Sounds silly, but it’s a good mind trick. Decide to remember them no more and only remember the love you shared and love all his quirky ways.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
maybe howl a bit too. if i were home alone i'd go outside and do it and give the neighbors something to think about. just for a few moments. nothing that would get the police involved...

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you all. Thanks especially to Bay. I've used that mind game before.

I was giving a speech to our Franchisees. This was years ago. I mentioned something scientific, and one of the most difficult of the franchisees took disagreement with my comment. He stood up and berated me.

That haunted me the rest of the day, and into sleeping that night. I finally had to grab that berating by the little nub that it was, scrunch it up in my hand, open the hotel door, and throw it really hard down the hall. Worked!

I should do that with Bandito's end of life trauma....