Where can I order.....bulk whole foods, herbs, spices, grains, etc?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread....please post good, reasonably priced resources for whole foods and such that are no longer readily available for purchase in local stores.

Please provide links and what you've ordered from them, how satisfied you were with the product and service.

I'll start with raw in-shell peanuts from http://www.pnuts.net/product/BulkBestBuys/BulkBestBuys . I've ordered the big box of jumbo peanuts for canning and they are wonderful! All in perfect condition, and they come loose in a big cardboard box, so no wasteful packaging. Don't sign up for the e-mail, though, because the bulk items are never on sale, just the pricy gift items.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oooo! Great thread idea! I can usually get a lot locally, but the supply lines on some things appear to be getting flaky.

For bulk sprouting seeds, this place seems to be the best price so far. I ordered daikon and cress from them...
http://www.sprouthouse.com/

Excellent germination rate on the daikon. The cress grows better in dirt than a sprout jar, but again, excellent germination rate.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if we could also provide each other with things that we grow or can get cheaply in our area. For example, I'd like a few herbs in small amounts, and wheat berries and oat groats in large amounts, but the companies who sell them charge WAY too much or I have to order half a pound of an herb and then pay a minimum shipping or small order fee.

***runs off to start yet another thread on this***

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
How could I forget about them???

They are awesome :D Prices can be high sometimes, but the quality is really good. Great service too. I have been in their Milwaukee store.
:love

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ditto Penzey's! There's one 15 minutes away from me :woot I am in love with their sicilian salad seasoning, cinnamon, most everything really.
I'm looking for bulk organic wheat and popcorn. No Co-op here to buy from. Can get it at Whole Foods and the prices seems OK, but I really have no idea.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
Anyone ever done business with Mountain Rose?
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index2.html
I've ordered herbs, oils, tea, and a couple other things from them.

I like what they stand for and their message, and that almost everything is organic, but I do not like their prices. They've been pretty good with all the oils, I liked the tea, but will never order herbs from them again. I know what Chickweed looks like, and I know that over half of it shouldn't be a 'filler' with alfalfa and straw! So no, no herbs from them..
I also will not be ordering oils and butters from them for soap-making because of the prices.

Latest posts