Where can I order.....bulk whole foods, herbs, spices, grains, etc?

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can I just step in to brag a teensy bit? I grew up in Eugene, and currently live about an hour away. While the people in Eugene can be INFURIATING to live around, there are fantastic sources for org products! I still go down a lot, since my parents live there. Yay glory bee and mountain rose herb. Mountain rose shows up at our farmer's market sometimes with various dips, which are pretty good. Never bought anything else though.

And wife- I've always been pretty satisfied with glory bee. Of course, I buy in person, so maybe they keep the good stuff for locals ;) Kidding, I'd recommend them. I love honey sticks!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Has anyone tried this place??
http://www.glorybeefoods.com
I got some beeswax from them a few years ago. I was quite happy with the service. Don't know about the shipping; since they are based only about an hour away from me I just picked up my order on one of my periodic shopping runs up to the "big city". I would go back to them, but my original order was large enough that I haven't needed to yet.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
Can I just step in to brag a teensy bit? I grew up in Eugene, and currently live about an hour away. While the people in Eugene can be INFURIATING to live around, there are fantastic sources for org products! I still go down a lot, since my parents live there. Yay glory bee and mountain rose herb. Mountain rose shows up at our farmer's market sometimes with various dips, which are pretty good. Never bought anything else though.

And wife- I've always been pretty satisfied with glory bee. Of course, I buy in person, so maybe they keep the good stuff for locals ;) Kidding, I'd recommend them. I love honey sticks!
Hi TLTL - So, we're both about an hour out of Eugene? Which direction are you, if I may ask? I'm to the south, near the Umpqua river.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Of course, I buy in person, so maybe they keep the good stuff for locals
LOL

I used to date a guy from Oregon while I was in college. We used to go to Portland for spring break. I loved the "Welcome to Oregon, now leave your money and go home" posters :gig

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think the best place to get spices is an Indian/Asian grocery. You usually get a lot for little $.

The bulk foods I get are from Echo Hill Country Store in Dryville, PA.
They are Mennonite (so no website), but I just call and order & they ship it to me . Very good prices & best of all, great quality.
They sell most stuff in gallon, quart & pint bags.
I have the contents of the store memorized,so it's easy for me to order. I'll have to ask if they have a product list to mail out.

Here's some sample prices:

1 lb. dry yeast $3.78
sea salt .50c lb
rolled oats .81c lb.
organic white jasmine rice $2.32 lb
2.5 lb cocoa $3.75 (premium stuff w/ 2% fat)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
"near the Umpqua river."

Hey, thats my bank now! Umpqua. Didn't know it was an Oregon term.
Umpqua is the name of the local Indian tribe, and the river. The bank was started right here in our little city - we bank there too - and has been doing very well amidst the news of the big guys' failings. Ever since I saw one of their branches just south of Chico I have been wondering how many people down that way see the sign and say "and just what the heck is an Umpqua?" :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
meriruka said:
I think the best place to get spices is an Indian/Asian grocery. You usually get a lot for little $.

The bulk foods I get are from Echo Hill Country Store in Dryville, PA.
They are Mennonite (so no website), but I just call and order & they ship it to me . Very good prices & best of all, great quality.
They sell most stuff in gallon, quart & pint bags.
I have the contents of the store memorized,so it's easy for me to order. I'll have to ask if they have a product list to mail out.

Here's some sample prices:

1 lb. dry yeast $3.78
sea salt .50c lb
rolled oats .81c lb.
organic white jasmine rice $2.32 lb
2.5 lb cocoa $3.75 (premium stuff w/ 2% fat)
Post contact info, please! (Phone number....)

Latest posts