Where did everyone go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
sunsaver said:
Well, i guess yall arent gonna tell me, so nevermind. Im glad they're gone whoever they were. Probably some of the ones that sent me nasty pms.
Just let it go. You can PM people to see if they want to talk but it is best left alone in the forums.
X2 Leave canines in a REM cycle in horizontal position.... :D

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
What did i miss and who got deleted! I got some ugly PMs from some who should have been deleted. But i never report, i just ignore. Let them talk themselves out the door, shoot thyselfs in thy feet and forfeit!:cool:
That's right where I am.

Do you ever watch the Simpsons? A few Halloweens ago, they did a Treehouse of Horror where all the big advertising mascots come to life and terrorize Springfield. Lisa figures it out, and says, "They get their power from your attention! Look away! Just look away!" And then everyone stares at their shoes, and the giant tire and donut boy and so forth fall apart and tumble to the ground.

I find that little parable applies so broadly. Someone is sniping online? Just back away from the computer.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Leta said:
sunsaver said:
What did i miss and who got deleted! I got some ugly PMs from some who should have been deleted. But i never report, i just ignore. Let them talk themselves out the door, shoot thyselfs in thy feet and forfeit!:cool:
That's right where I am.

Do you ever watch the Simpsons? A few Halloweens ago, they did a Treehouse of Horror where all the big advertising mascots come to life and terrorize Springfield. Lisa figures it out, and says, "They get their power from your attention! Look away! Just look away!" And then everyone stares at their shoes, and the giant tire and donut boy and so forth fall apart and tumble to the ground.

I find that little parable applies so broadly. Someone is sniping online? Just back away from the computer.
:thumbsup

Sometimes though when their snipes/bullying are aimed at others my mother bear roars out. Otherwise I normally just ignore the (ever so junior high) backhanded posts.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sally..mine does too. I'm more likely to get in trouble defending someone else than I will myself. It seems to make me more angry to see someone get kicked around by a bully than when they actually bully me. Bullies don't scare me.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Sally..mine does too. I'm more likely to get in trouble defending someone else than I will myself. It seems to make me more angry to see someone get kicked around by a bully than when they actually bully me. Bullies don't scare me.
(Hi Bee!)

I've always been like that too. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:frow Where ya been, girl? How's the craft booth going? I was hoping you'd post pics when you got it all set up.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I guess I'm not seeing bullying as much as disagreeing. Although it probably feels like bullying to the person being disagreed with and just a "great point" by those in agreement.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Very busy these days for sure! It gets dark here at 4:30 now so my day is cut right in half. All of my work is outdoor work, so I'm not on the computer as much anymore.

The booth is moderatley successful, it is paying the my daughter's horse bills and that is all I care about. I'll post some pics tomorrow. (I'm selling lots of castile soap to many of my old friends on facebook of all places :p )

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't know...if you wait around long enough you get to notice when one person is always disagreeing with another, no matter what they post. To compound it, they then get their cronies to do the same and pretty soon you see a pattern emerging. Either the person is different than the group, so they feel they must push her out by continued harassment or they just simply don't like her/him at all and will take every chance to sneak in a punch.

It happens.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It happens. Alot of junk happens on forums tho. I sure have been on way more vicious forums than this. You know the ones where they allow tons of cuss words etc.... :lol:, and geez, what some people do post is wild to say the least :p

Status
Not open for further replies.