Where did everyone go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
certain people just can't stay away from a topic that offends them.
And therein lies the bulk of the problem. If you know a thread or topic will offend you, it is wise to stay away from it. If you really MUST satisfy your curiousity, it is even more wise to read but not comment.

There are many things in this life that will offend a person and no one can say just what or when that might happen. If there has been some injustice committed I am all for standing up and letting my voice be heard....if it merely offends who I am or my belief system? Sorry, that is primarily my problem and must be dealt with at the source.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and also it is not like dealing with people from your own area or backgrounds.

so diverse of lives and locations. hard to remember that everyone did not grow up like I did, or have my way of life, or have some of my experiences.

this will always make someone wonder about what others write :)

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
+1 for everything in these last two posts. Well said.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I think a lot of people are taking a break because they got their feelings hurt. It is hard when you put so many opinions into a discussion and then someone gets offended and mouths off and then someone complains and certain people just can't stay away from a topic that offends them.

Just life....we all need to learn how to play together in the sandbox without dumping sand on someone else's head. :lol:
Thanks Lori.

By the way, (intentionally changing the topic) I found a clutch of bourbon red turkey eggs in my black berry brambles this morning. :weee One of my Mamma hens has been chasing my old roo and acting up. Now I know why. :woot Last night she set the eggs forgoing the coop.

I hope she stays safe!!! :fl

g

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have to jump in at this point and say that I left (but still obviously lurk on occasion, always enjoyed many of the people and idea exchange here) not because of forum posts but because of a series of very nasty pm's. It was just too much. I came here to relax and that was NOT relaxing. My inbox shall now remain full.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I must say that I am not around much due to a few factors. Number one was the drama going on around here. asnd also becasue I have a son and a husband, both wtih shattered ankles. :/ Now, my dd and I have to do everything around here, with the emphasis being on me. Run household, cook, clean, and manage the barn and all critter needs, still preparing for winter, and learning how to drive heavy machinery since ds and dh are out of commission.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I must say that I am not around much due to a few factors. Number one was the drama going on around here. asnd also becasue I have a son and a husband, both wtih shattered ankles. :/ Now, my dd and I have to do everything around here, with the emphasis being on me. Run household, cook, clean, and manage the barn and all critter needs, still preparing for winter, and learning how to drive heavy machinery since ds and dh are out of commission.
OMG, what the heck happened to the guys?

I still don't understand nasty emails and pm's. That serves no purpose at all. I also got rather picky about what I was looking at on here for a while. Voicing an opinion is one thing, but I got tired of the 'I'm right and you're wrong' attitude of some.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Motocross accidents-- a month and a half apart. Hubs is off for 6 months, son happened just las sunday. both had surgery. It si not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.