Where to buy antibiotics without a prescription?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our Gov regs are stupid... I'm pretty sure my dog was bit by a snake on the ear. His ear is swelled up like a football. I need to cut it so it will drain then follow up with a round of antibiotics. But when I go to buy antibiotics off petmeds or a few other websites they require prescription.

It's easy to buy pot than it is to to buy antibiotics :(

Does anyone know where I can get the following without a prescription?

Screenshot_2018-09-12-00-20-53.png

Thanks

Last edited:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our Gov regs are stupid... I'm pretty sure my dog was bit by a snake on the ear. His ear is swelled up like a football. I need to cut it so it will drain then follow up with a round of antibiotics. But when I go to buy antibiotics off petmeds or a few other websites they require prescription.

It's easy to buy pot than it is to to buy antibiotics :(

Does anyone know where I can get the following without a prescription?

View attachment 8433

Thanks
I know this thread is old, but I'm throwing this out here:
alldaychemist.com
Awesome place, but it will take two weeks to get your medicine. It's all generics, so make sure you click on something on the drop down menu that shows up as you're typing in the name of your drug. When you get to the part that says to fax in your prescription, just skip it and continue.
I get all my high dollar inhalers from them: Spiriva is $450 a month, the generic from AllDayChemist is less than $50 for three months worth.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I've had my hunting dog on 500 mg of amoxicillin for 1 week. My daughter came over and we "operated" on his ear after giving him 50mg of Benadryl. We made a muzzle for him out of serran wrap, put him on a clean towel on the wood shop work bench. We cleaned his ear real well with alcohol soaked old wash clothes. I felt his ear and identifed two pockets that were soft and mushy inside. I then used a medium sized syringe to draw out wattery blood from both pockets. After I removed the needle I gently squeezed the area around the needle hole to force any remaining liquid out and until it clotted up and stopped bleeding.

Amazing how much wattery blood liquid was in his ear, but I'm pretty confident I got most of it out and his ear looks a lot better after the "procedure". I'll keep him on 500 mg of amoxicillin for another week. See how he does, hopefully his ear will be near normal by then and I won't have to go back in and draw out more.

Anyways it was pretty simple "procedure" and he only whined a little bit when I inserted the needle in his ear twice, so I didn't hurt him hardly at all - he did really good.

Thanks again for the tips on where to antibiotics without a prescription.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know a lot of preppers stock up on fish antibiotics from pet stores. .. don't know much else though, I won't use antibiotics without a vet, it's one of my neurotic issues lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know, huh! This website actually comes up a lot on prepper sites. A lot of people buy the antibiotics to store for themselves. Same meds, so they say.

I ordered Amoxicillin Capsules - 500 mg. strength - 100 capsules for $30.00 including shipping. Never know when my wife or I might need some ourselves.

I really enjoy SS, you all are so wise and eager to share REAL useful information. I despise Google, you never know if what your reading is truth or fake, YouTube ain't that much better IMO.

I'm not the kind of guy who runs to the vet or doctor over every little thing. If I can take care of it myself I will.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you see any punctures? Have you thought about trying to aspirate anything from there before you cut it?

About a hunnert years ago I worked with a vet and every summer we would see dogs with swollen ears from shaking their heads from either fleas or an ear mites. The ear was typically full of blood and clots. We would literally have to split the ear open, clean out the mess and sew it back up - even putting stitches in the middle-ish area so that it would grow back together and not have space for a big ol' hematoma to collect. That's not something you can do without major sedation!

By "aspirate" you mean drawing the gunk out with a syringe?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am intrigued by this company, but a little put off b/c it's all products manufactured in India. My DD just paid $50 deductible for an Albuterol inhaler for her dtr.

Marianne, what else have you gotten from them?
I now have COPD and Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)...yay...
I get generic Advair, Ventolin (Albuterol), Lasix (the name brand), used Spriva for some time, plus 4 pills for my BP and heart. AllDayChemist is big in the Facebook COPD groups with everyone reporting good reviews. I remember folks saying that they get their insulin from them as well. All Day Chemist has a $15 shipping fee, so most of us order 6 months worth at a time. I think the site defaults to you paying by E-Check, but there is a credit card option to the left on that page. Again, I've never had to fax in my prescriptions (good thing, my doc's office charges $15 PER script. Eek). They do ask some basic health questions, who your doctor is, what you're being treated for, etc. When I ordered a bunch of pills, I had to sign for them when the mailman delivered 'em.

A lot of our drugs are manufactured overseas - India and Turkey are common. We just don't know about it.

I think my Albuterol (Ventolin) was around $25 for three - 200 doses each. Unfortunately, they don't carry the ones with the counter on them anymore, but it doesn't take much to figure out when they're out of medicine as you still are short of breath after using it a couple of times.

My youngest son is a respiratory therapist in CO. He was stunned when he found out how much Advair and Spiriva cost. He said there isn't even $1.50 worth of medicine in there. What's crazy is that in almost every other civilized country in the world, inhalers are over the counter. I met an ol' gal that gets her Albuterol from Mexico, 3 for $15. Her BIL lives in New Mexico and drives across the border to buy them for her.

I'm on Medicare now. When I renew my Plan D for next year, I'm leaving my high dollar drugs (inhalers) OFF so I can get a much lower monthly premium. And there's a sense of security knowing that I have the back up drugs in my cupboard for when I need them.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! I bookmarked the site. Most of my rx weren't on the site, and the one that was on the site was the same cost as what I pay at the pharmacy here. I checked my OTC and there was one that was less, but the difference was like $1 per month, so not worth it really after shipping. I'm kinda bummed! Really happy for those who can save using the site!
Did a little drop down menu show up as you were typing in your drug? If it did, they have your medicine under a different name. It took me a while and some guessing to figure out if they had some of mine. Once I started clicking in the drop down menu, the description explained the other names of that medication. So they did have everything that I took.
OH! Because of the shipping, I now order 6 months at a time. Maybe 9 months next time.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I needed antibiotics for a chicken once and couldn't get to a vet for a prescription. I went to my local GP and explained the situation to his receptionist. She went and spoke to him and he wrote me a prescription no problems. Just a thought…