Where to buy antibiotics without a prescription?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been thinking of getting a nebulizer because it works better for me. The albuterol for that is very cheap. It's on the $4 list at Walmart. Mom uses that when she catches something.

I really don't know anything about med pricing (or doctor visit costs for that matter). Mom tries to tell me about her stuff but assumes that I've dealt with it before and doesn't explain. I'll keep the restrictions and military doctors we have to not deal with that.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nebs do work better than inhalers, but they are obviously not as portable. When I've needed a steriod inhaler, Pulmicort has worked well for me, but it's very pricey.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's safe to freeze antibiotics?
"Activity of antibiotic admixtures subjected to different freeze-thaw treatments. ... It was discovered that, with the exception of ampicillin sodium, each of the antibiotics studied could be frozen and thawed as described without significant loss of activity, and were stable for 24 hours after thawing."
Activity of antibiotic admixtures subjected to different freeze-thaw ...https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10247478

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know, huh! This website actually comes up a lot on prepper sites. A lot of people buy the antibiotics to store for themselves. Same meds, so they say.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you see any punctures? Have you thought about trying to aspirate anything from there before you cut it?

About a hunnert years ago I worked with a vet and every summer we would see dogs with swollen ears from shaking their heads from either fleas or an ear mites. The ear was typically full of blood and clots. We would literally have to split the ear open, clean out the mess and sew it back up - even putting stitches in the middle-ish area so that it would grow back together and not have space for a big ol' hematoma to collect. That's not something you can do without major sedation!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep...that's what she means!

I've heard you can get antibiotics at pet stores that are for fish tanks but are basically the same as are given to animals and humans. Worth a shot to see if you can get some basic penicillin derivative ATB there.