Where were you???

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was living in the town where he died; Baltimore, Maryland. I believe he died at Johns Hopkins hospital. I was about 28 at the time and was aware of the many problems he had with his health. I was never one of those folks who worshipped anyone except G*d, so it didn't have that much of an impact on my life. Some folks went into a deep depression for reasons I guess I just don't understand. I guess after coming home from Viet Nam and being in college at the time kept me so occupied that I didn't have time to think about it all that much. He certainly did have a talent that was completely wasted by his untimely death.

Trim sends
//BT//

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I wasn't born yet - heck, I wasn't even a bun in the oven yet!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you. I was 16 at the time, and didn't care.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I was 10 at the time, and I didn't even know who he was. Although I do know now, and will admit he was a talented performer who made rock n roll what it is, i was never a big fan.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We were in the middle of livin' off the land...homesteading and a year into it~ I was 11. I don't recall anyone crying but Mom mentioned him because they have close birthdays or some such thing. No TV, very little radio, so the outside world didn't register much.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I was at home and it was announced on the radio. Mom decided to go out and buy a record, since he wasn't gonna be making any more of them.