where's Blackbird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ditto Tanks and Hen's words. I try to stay out of things but do miss BB.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I second Gina's post.

I had no idea ya'll were getting nasty pms.
heck, about what? lol I never had one, yea when I started like 2 years ago I think the first 6 mos. I received 2 "lets talk about this" type of pms but they were never hateful.

I also think Blackbird had BYC problems? don't know if this is true or not but I remember a poster saying something about BYC or BYHerds was a problem?
hmmm.I thought EVERYONE had BYC problems..talk about drama!! LOL..well I like BB,,he has always been very nice and polite and seems highly intelligent..

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I do not know the story at all, but I do believe Blackird made his feelings known to the mods at least to some extent. He is the same BB you see on BYH. I think it is hard to separate the forums groups because many of us participate in all of Nifty's forums, some with the same name and some not.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
It seems a lot of good contributors have left.....It seems to me that if you have a differing opinion you are not a worthy contributor to posts. I personally no longer post much at all, why bother.....
pioneergirl said:
I have stopped posting here because not only of the personal attacks via pm, but because of the "high and mighty" attitudes of SOME, and also the way some things have gone.
+1. :(

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that anyone has gotten nasty pm's.

There are many here whose beliefs are different from mine, but this isn't a board about beliefs. It's about SS, and I respect their views and value their insights just as I would in person. I know BB believes differently than I do, but I really valued his input and liked him, and miss him being here.

I haven't gotten anything nasty here, but I have on BYC, Facebook, YouTube, and I think BYH. Probably a half-dozen other places ive forgotten. It stings some times but ... There are people out there who are going to take exception to you. I usually try to make peace. I don't recall that I've ever been successful as they usually don't communicate further with me beyond that point.

It's just a shame that those folks who leave might be missing out, and certainly we all who remain miss out on having their input.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Very well said Shiloh, thank you for your imput! :love

I agree that this is about being SS.........but if you think about what drew us here in the first place, we might not be the best candidates for Mr and Ms Congeniality. :hide

Are we not all trying to duck out of normal society to some small extent, even if it is just where we get our foods, how we heat our homes or where we spend our resources? Maybe what sounds like "high and mighty" is just others venting on why they have SS goals and it is misinterpreted. Our SS goals are all different. I don't really know to which conversations you are referring so I'm just sayin' it seems like it would be easy for that to happen when you think of who we are as individuals.

That doesn't seem to be a starting point for great friendships, not wanting to need others, yet somehow we seem to manage. Holy cow, I feel like Rodney King here or something....

Can't we all just get along?

Us hermits need to stick together. :gig

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Like MsPony I'm a fence sitter, But I think you nailed it savingdogs We all have differences and we live in different places and how we live is judged enough by those out side our lifestyles i for one never got any of those types of PM's if I did I would prob go east coast on them like my DH says I do when I get really mad:hide But that being said I would not leave a perfectly great site that I find so much info and ideas on not to menchion the friends I have made here:hugs or OFG's daily live :gigwho needs daytime tv when we have BACON!!! LOL and I belive very different that lots of people I'm not religious at all I'm spiritual person on a journey willing to make mistakes just like any other human OK I'll get off my box now got to use it for the kids to play on ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We do have SS in common here, and that draws a big crowd. being a big crowd, we are not all going to agree on everything, and if we were to meet outside the forum, I'm sure we wouldn't choose each and every member as our friend. So take from the forum what you want and need, and discard the rest. if there is a thread you dislike, don't read it-- plain and simple.

And ther are people on the forum who you just might not like. No matter waht, you just seem to butt heads.. I know this is true for me. My response, is to basically avoid any conversation they are involved in--to avoid controversy. I know I dont need/want the drama. This is why I tend to avoid the journals.

I find it shocking that so many of you have recieved nasty pm's--some to the point of feeling the need to leave. those people who sent the pm's should really be ashamed of themselves. Why can't we just accept the differences in people. Maybe we just need to be more tolerant. we are all at different places in our lives with diffrent baggage which affects peoples perspectives. And seeing other people's perspectives helps us to broaden our horizons and grow as a person. Be open minded, --consider what is being said, either use it or dscard it. That's my take on it anyways.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well, I for one got those nasty PM's, told a moderator and later found out that person was banned. Then a little later found out that person had returned with a new name, but when I told a mod I was told they would see how that person behaved. That person was fine for awhile, but I've since seen the same little passive-aggressive jabs, yet they are still a member, hence, I'm not on much anymore. Well, that and I am back in school. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts