Who among you has defended the United States in Uniform?

BACOG

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
RM2 right?
Well, in our opinion, if you served your country in its uniform, you contributed to its defense and we appreciate the fact that you served.
Apparently, we have quite a number of prior service folks on this forum. I am happy to know that. It confirms my suspicions about why folks have become so interested in SS.
Actually I think Radarman was RD & the RM was radioman.

I was a navy SeaBee (combat construction forces but did not see combat) Crossrated out of the SeaBees and became a boiler technician on a Destroyer out of Norfolk

Also the grandson of a WWII army vet & son of Korean War army vet.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
U.S. Navy 1996 to 2001 ELT (engineering Laboratory Technician) onboard nuclear powered submarine. (Responsible for plant chemistry and radiation protection for the crew and environment)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
elwood said:
U.S. Navy 1996 to 2001 ELT (engineering Laboratory Technician) onboard nuclear powered submarine. (Responsible for plant chemistry and radiation protection for the crew and environment)
Roger. understand all.
Whitebread toast
Trim sends
//BT//

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubby was a corpsmen for 8 years and my 2nd son did 8 as Marine. His ship was the 2nd one in Afghanistan after 9/11.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I joined the Army after graduating from high school in 1984. My MOS was 93F (now 13W) aka Field Artillery Meteorological Crewmember, stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA, 24th Infantry DivArty from 84-87. :cool:

I was the M60 gunner for the Met Section and also drove the duece and a half (2 and a half ton) shop truck which contained all meteorological equipment when we were in the field. Not bad for someone who had to gain weight in order to join the Army (am 5' 2" and weighed 100lbs soaking wet, when I graduated HS). :lol:

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PROUD ARMY MOM here :D But my family too has a long military history and we are very proud ,Son is 95E comsat radio repair going on his 3rd yr
1 Grandfather and 1Cousin Army
1Gradfather Us Seebee
Dad and 1 Uncle, 2 cousin USAF
2 Uncle one Cousin USN
1 Uncle and 2 Cousin USMC
2 Uncle Coast Guard

and the conflicts they were in WW2 , Nam, Korea, Desert Storm/Shield , Operation Iranian Freedom and current I'm am truly thankful to the men and women who give up so much to stand by our country's freedoms

A BIG THANK YOU:woot:hugs:ya

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for supporting the defense of our freedom! Too few times we fail to recognize the sacrifice of the family, (particularly the wives) when we talk about those who serve our country's defense. These are the strong hearts who support those committed to combat, by keeping "the home fires burning".
I salute you for your contribution.
Trim sends
//BT//

Candy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Defence of our freedom?
Was that what Iraq was about?
Did that save our freedom?

I trained my kids to love the constitution.
No uniforms in my house cause I dont see that our
military defends our constitution anymore..
we dont have much of a constitution anymore
NATO... without congressional approval... thats what we have.
All our acts are agressive not defensive... especially noted with Iraq
and Lybia. We went into Lybia why?
who had NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11

The only people I think need a good old military reprimand are our
senators and congressmen for the signing away of our constitution
and the arming of all our beaurocrats... especially the FDA when they send swat teams
to take raw milk away from folks then take them into jail and torture them
as they recently did in Los Angles.
then the FDA goes to all the homes of people who purchased the raw milk to confiscate it.

When swat teams invade Amish homes

The only people I see taking away our freedom is our own government
with endless regulations, laws signed without debate,
the arming of government agencies
and now military training exercises in the streets of our cities.

visit www.oathkeepers.org all you vets and military folks.. and take the plege to uphold the constitution

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
USN (Act) Hull Maintenance Technician First class Petty officer (HT1) - going on 13years of service joined up in Aug of 99.

5207_2012-02-06_06-54-50_407.jpg

is on my office door.