WHO has converted to CFLs??

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
But I will say that I've found our CFLs do not last like "they" say they will!! Arent' they supposed to last for a few years? Hardly. :rolleyes:
I have the same issue with the CFL's in that they don't last as long as they say they do. They might call it a 5 year bulb, but read the package info. They define how many hours of use per day you do to stretch it to 5 years. Their formula doesn't work in my house. Combine a much shorter life than what is being advertised along with a high cost in my opinion, and you have a very expensive light source. That is part of energy comsumption in my opinion, so the replacement cost, not the initial cpnversion cost, is related to savings and should be assessed against the suspected energy savings. A true comparison of CFL vs. LED might show that the LED bulbs are really not as expensive as thought to be.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have switched back to incandescents (and stocking up - have a good supply stashed away already). The CFLs are a bunch of baloney if you ask me... expensive to buy, haven't cut my power bill back a single dime, don't fit into my fixtures, don't last as long as they are supposed to, and can't be disposed of without calling in the HazMat team.

And the guberment is forcing us (eventually) to use something with so many cons? Who's getting rich off this deal?