Who here cans??

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:frow I can, and the garden is a doozy this year, so my cellar will be stocked! I have picked a bushel of yellow str. neck squash in the last two days!
A nice lady gave me boxes and boxes of canning jars, a juicer, a pressure cooker, a wheat grinder and 30# tins of red turkey wheat and will give me her Vitamix as soon as she finds it!!! I think her mom gave her the canning stuff and her husband bought her the rest, in hopes of her using them, but she doesn't want to....wants to buy her stuff from the store.....so, I get the blessing of inheriting her stuff! :weee
:bow At this rate you might catch up to skrapin in the squirrel contest. :clap I'm jealous about the vitamix. Wow! :weee

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
I'm new to canning as well. Decided this year to have a big garden and can as much as I could. I just got finished with green beans, and also Bread &Butter pickles, both the regular and sweet kind. I need to make sweet relish next. I've canned peas, and meat as well (homegrown chicken, and some beef). When the corn is ready, that will be canned, and my SIL has an apple tree and told me I could help myself to as much as I wanted for spicy apples, apple sauce, apple butter, etc. I CAN"T WAIT!! lol

I'd like to know about the baked beans as mentioned before.....my MIL makes a great batch, and I would love to can it.
How do you make spiced apples? I love them.