who is dumber?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
farmerlor said:
You're not alone. I play games with words and numbers all the time. It scares me sometimes. But I will automatically rearrange letters in signs and on license plates and on medication advertisements and.....well, you get the picture just to see what the people REALLY meant. LOL! I do the same thing with numbers and I add and subtract and average them to see if the number they got for the license plate is a good one or a bad one. And the weird thing about this is that I am a spelling nazi and tend to be something of a word person so that's not really surprising but I am a TOTAL ditzoid when it comes to math and numbers. The ONLY reason I didn't continue with my medical training was because my next classes would have been calc and physics and that just wasn't gonna happen.
Oh Thank God! I thought I was alone...my mind wanders like that and I really was beginning to get concerned!!!! I'm actually WORSE than I used to be!! I see something like a car liscense plate and start trying to unscramble the letters to make a word and then i think...what the crap!??! :lol: Numbers and I get along really well. I am the best speller in the house and actually almost won the school spelling bee whenI was in second grade...made it to top 15 and missed "dessert" and got out because I actually ASKED for a definition and spelled "desert" after being given the def. :rolleyes: I always though I was just a freak :lol: It is scary when it gets really weird like the paper towel thingy though :hide
that's an easy one ---- desserts backwards is stressed

:woot it's all coming together now!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
farmerlor said:
You're not alone. I play games with words and numbers all the time. It scares me sometimes. But I will automatically rearrange letters in signs and on license plates and on medication advertisements and.....well, you get the picture just to see what the people REALLY meant. LOL! I do the same thing with numbers and I add and subtract and average them to see if the number they got for the license plate is a good one or a bad one. And the weird thing about this is that I am a spelling nazi and tend to be something of a word person so that's not really surprising but I am a TOTAL ditzoid when it comes to math and numbers. The ONLY reason I didn't continue with my medical training was because my next classes would have been calc and physics and that just wasn't gonna happen.
Oh Thank God! I thought I was alone...my mind wanders like that and I really was beginning to get concerned!!!! I'm actually WORSE than I used to be!! I see something like a car liscense plate and start trying to unscramble the letters to make a word and then i think...what the crap!??! :lol: Numbers and I get along really well. I am the best speller in the house and actually almost won the school spelling bee whenI was in second grade...made it to top 15 and missed "dessert" and got out because I actually ASKED for a definition and spelled "desert" after being given the def. :rolleyes: I always though I was just a freak :lol: It is scary when it gets really weird like the paper towel thingy though :hide

:ep You're retarded too!!! :weee I KNEW I wasn't the only one :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:

I've posted it before, I am not ashamed......embrace the inner nerd repeat after me....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:

I've posted it before, I am not ashamed......embrace the inner nerd repeat after me....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am under no illusion, nor have I ever been under the illusion that i am not a nerdy person...I just think my mind goes a bit far at times. :p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am under no illusion, nor have I ever been under the illusion that i am not a nerdy person...I just think my mind goes a bit far at times. :p
Sister, as long as it comes back home, we're fine... :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
Sister, as long as it comes back home, we're fine... :lol:
So far it has...but I'm waiting for it to not come back one day. at least I'll get one of those cool jackets that ties in the back...I always thought those made you look like you were hugging yourself, and in that case I might actually need a hug. :p

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I quite literally can't remember what I did yesterday or this morning. I can tell someone something and not remember telling them anything and when they repeat what I told them( for example what dewormer to use on a rabbit to get rid of ear mites or such) I will have not only forgotten that I told them that, but also will have forgotten whatever it was that I knew and told them! I'd be like, "Oh wow you can deworm a rabbit?" And they would give me a strange look and say -"Your the one that told me so." And i'd be like-"I don't remember that!" And I am only 29. Early Atlheimers that has lasted my entire life?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As for nerds-does anyone else see math problems in digital clocks. For example 7:56. 6-5=1 1+7=8 8x7=56 All the numbers used.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not so much with numbers, but my train of thought jumps a few tracks to get the destination. Trying to walk someone through my logic when I'm in a hurry or really into the problem solving is something I work hard at all the time, 'cause I lose people quickly.

The Bing search engine commercials is how I "thought" before even before computers, one never-ending chain of thoughts somehow linked together. Kinda like the before/after work links "summer break/break time" only 20 or so items in the chain.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I quite literally can't remember what I did yesterday or this morning. I can tell someone something and not remember telling them anything and when they repeat what I told them( for example what dewormer to use on a rabbit to get rid of ear mites or such) I will have not only forgotten that I told them that, but also will have forgotten whatever it was that I knew and told them! I'd be like, "Oh wow you can deworm a rabbit?" And they would give me a strange look and say -"Your the one that told me so." And i'd be like-"I don't remember that!" And I am only 29. Early Atlheimers that has lasted my entire life?
Nah, for me, it's just information overload in my daily life. I'll get six coworkers in one hour calling me to ask the same question and then I'll forget who I talked with.