who is dumber?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
And sooo...I'm just sayin I must be tired :hu or insane...possibly both.

What's some of the dumbness you think up? I feel retarded now...I'm gonna go get a shower and see if it'll wash off...........
You're in good company *beams*

Oh gosh. If you hung out with me you'd hear dumb things like that all day. I just can't think of them when I stop to think.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
As for me, I know things but don't have a clue as to why I know them. For instance, I'll be doing a crossword puzzle and I'll know the answer to a clue, but won't have any idea as to why I know that. I've even been asked at times how I know something and I don't know why I know it.

As for reading backwards, I don't read words that are printed the right way backwards, but if something is printed backwards (like if I'm reading a sign in a mirror), I normally have no problem reading it. I also read stuff upside down w/no problem. If it's upside down and backwards, it might take me a bit longer, but I can still normally read it.

I'll also look at license plates and try to come up w/words for the letters-unless it already spells something. My license plate I read as Why John Farts.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
You're not alone. I play games with words and numbers all the time. It scares me sometimes. But I will automatically rearrange letters in signs and on license plates and on medication advertisements and.....well, you get the picture just to see what the people REALLY meant. LOL! I do the same thing with numbers and I add and subtract and average them to see if the number they got for the license plate is a good one or a bad one. And the weird thing about this is that I am a spelling nazi and tend to be something of a word person so that's not really surprising but I am a TOTAL ditzoid when it comes to math and numbers. The ONLY reason I didn't continue with my medical training was because my next classes would have been calc and physics and that just wasn't gonna happen.
You can only add 2 + 2 in so many ways. Weird. Good thing you're married to a genius.:cool:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
"Aoccdrnig to a rseearchr at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit any porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
farmerlor said:
You're not alone. I play games with words and numbers all the time. It scares me sometimes. But I will automatically rearrange letters in signs and on license plates and on medication advertisements and.....well, you get the picture just to see what the people REALLY meant. LOL! I do the same thing with numbers and I add and subtract and average them to see if the number they got for the license plate is a good one or a bad one. And the weird thing about this is that I am a spelling nazi and tend to be something of a word person so that's not really surprising but I am a TOTAL ditzoid when it comes to math and numbers. The ONLY reason I didn't continue with my medical training was because my next classes would have been calc and physics and that just wasn't gonna happen.
You can only add 2 + 2 in so many ways. Weird. Good thing you're married to a genius.:cool:
This from someone who JUST learned how to use smileys. Pffftttt!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am so glad everyone else is so weird too. I was beginning to worry :lol: I even think my own thoughts are dumb though.

Elk Kraps gave me a whole new little cartoon in my head...thanks for that :/

Do ya'll daydream a lot? Play movies your mind is making up in your head? Have a conversation with someone about something before it actually happens? VIVIDLY!

Deb on knowing things...I do that too...even some of my dreams(and I dream A LOT) actually happens within the next week. Even bad dreams :hide

I creep myself out!

Oh, and I wonder why my mind just associated Bullwinkle as an Elk too....he's a MOOSE!! He does look like an elk though I guess. :hu

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Dunkopf said:
farmerlor said:
This from someone who JUST learned how to use smileys. Pffftttt!
:lol:

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
"Aoccdrnig to a rseearchr at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit any porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe."
It's the first and last letters that matter - as long as those are in place we're programmed to "know" what the inside letters are. Great post!

ETA - and here I sit dumber than ever just repeating exactly what that paragraph says. sheesh....