Who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4 weekend?

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The geologist at the TEA Party had said that it was not economically feasable for the oil to be extracted from the shale unless the cost of a barrel of oil was at least $100. He had said that that was one of the reasons that it has not been developed yet. But accessing the natural gas was economically feasable now. Additionally, he said tht the technology for extracting the oil from the shale by using steam and a double bore hole is a new technology. Up until recently, oil shale would have had to have been dug from the ground, scaring the earth. This new technology has much less of an impact.

Oh, by the way, I am so glad to be sharing the Marcellus shale formation with so many people. Its great size gives me hope that there are more options that are out there than are currently being pushed. We humans have the ability to improve our technologies and improve how we do things and because of this, I am sure that supplying enough energy for all Americans will also improve . . . as long as we DONT CLOSE OUR MINDS TO ALL OPTIONS! Closed minds do not evolve and improve.

When Al Gore, all of Congerss and President Obama are all being transported in subcompact cars (like I drive) instead of riding in those "gas hogs" and they also stop wasting gas galivanting around the earth's air space for date nights, sight seeing tours disguised as "the peoples business", photo ops, and other high carbon activities, I will take their doom and gloom prophesies about global warming more seriously. At this point they do not seem to be taking it very seriously. That makes me wonder how serious it really is.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
When Al Gore, all of Congerss and President Obama are all being transported in subcompact cars (like I drive) instead of riding in those "gas hogs" and they also stop wasting gas galivanting around the earth's air space for date nights, sight seeing tours disguised as "the peoples business", photo ops, and other high carbon activities, I will take their doom and gloom prophesies about global warming more seriously. At this point they do not seem to be taking it very seriously. That makes me wonder how serious it really is.
:clap

Reaction score
Having Al Gore drive a Prius around is feasible maybe. Don't think I would like to see our Pres being driven around in a Prius. It's doubtful that you will ever need to worry about global warming. It's more likely an issue for our grand children. Good for you that you drive a sub compact. More people should do the same.

It would be ok if Congress drove around in sub compacts. Reasons are obvious.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
People are people and slow to change....even the ones giving US advice on how to cut back and live easier on the Earth.

UGH

I know the Pres needs bulletproof vehicles and airplanes and all that at his disposal.....but what kills me is schools and govt. offices etc. etc.

Schools teach the "green" thing and almost hardly implement it themselves. Same with govt. offices. Just the paper waste alone in this world is unreal, let alone all other problems.

Slow to change and will be forced to change but in my opinion we are on a downward spiral on this planet and too little too late. And humans won't change unless faced with catastrophe on their doorstep at that moment. (well most won't...LOL--not us SS people...we are trying..LOL)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Just the paper waste alone in this world is unreal, let alone all other problems.
Yeah, computers were supposed to eliminate that waste, but then they realized they needed hard copies of everything. :he

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sylvie said:
FarmerChick said:
Just the paper waste alone in this world is unreal, let alone all other problems.
Yeah, computers were supposed to eliminate that waste, but then they realized they needed hard copies of everything. :he
oh yea the "way" to fix something is to create another problem...LOL

use less paper, use more plastic and energy to store info etc. etc.

computers are great and horrible!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The US government is planning to spend millions transforming their fleets to new vehicles that use either natural gas or electricity.

There is some hope now that those oil barons are out of power. Maybe we can work our way out of fighting for Arabic oil fields in time. There is the greatest waste of money. Just think of all we could have done to transform this country if we spent those billions of dollars transforming our energy system instead of killing people.

If you want to understand some of the possibilites go to this site for info on what alternative energy possiblities are.

www.thepickensplan.com

the people on this site know quite a bit. Of course pickens is into the natural gas and wind thing. But solar can power the country too if they would just build it. We need a new grid. Lots of work to do.

Shale oil is an environmental disaster. There is still a ton of oil up in Montana and North Dakota.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/01/us/01dakota.html

We know two drillers who live in Idaho. They say they spent their youth tapping wells all over North Dakota and Montana. They say those wells are loaded and they are just sitting there unused to this day. Thats what they did for years. Go dig well, determine how much oil they likely had, then seal them. ...they think there is a great hoax on the American people going on.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So my mother attended a tea party over the weekend....

She managed to get pictures from the Tea Party March on Washington.

She showed me the pictures :ep There were thousands of people there!!!!!!!!

There were many people holding signs that said, "Welcome to the Second American Revolution".

Wow, really? Things are that bad?

For those who don't think so, these people are serious. Thousands of people marched on Washington, and they are screaming for Congress to be in the Unemployment line.

It is really scary.

I saw another picture of a woman holding a sign with a picture of a man in military dress. The sign read, "This isn't the country MY father died for."

Several other people were wearing shirts that read, "I AM We The People" or held up signs saying similar.

I'm thinking the next Tea Party, I'm there.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
The 9/12/2009 tea party march on Washington received the most minimal coverage possible in the main stream media. Take a look at the pictures below and ask yourself why. Had this been anything but a conservative gathering, wouldn't the vastness of the turnout have garnered full coverage, with interviews of the organizers instead of still photos of the fringes?

These are people who want their country back. They are protesting all aspects of the direction in which our country is being taken, most predominantly taxation, the threats to our freedoms, and the dismantling of capitalism. It didn't start with this administration, but this administration has gone nuclear in it's stated purpose of fundamentally altering our great nation.

1098_capitol-view-lo-res.jpg

1098_912-teaparty-dc-09.jpg

1098_dc-rally-1.jpg