Who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4 weekend?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
See? I thought they were being tortured! Being forced on an American diet is nearly up there with waterboarding ;)

Anyway, your point is? I don't really care that much what they were fed, as long as it was not a starvation diet. I care that they were labeled "enemy combatants," with no trial, no charges, no ability to contact anybody in the outside world. Doncha think that a little proof was necssary?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ldy

I wondered if that chicken was because of her avatar but the tone didn't appear so to me.

You must at least put a :lol: in there somewhere to set the tone of the post.

Misunderstanding on my part.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Ldychef2k said:
Okay, I can't help myself...

Why not? Chicken?

Sorry, I warned you.......
Well, it would be understandable. That was back in the day when the gov't was wiretapping without court orders, throwing people in Guantanamo without due process or jury trial or even a charge, and things were a little spooky in America.
Not to be crass but what happened in watergate also happened somewhat 200 years earlier and will continue to happen forever in the future to the end of times. A naysayer no. A believer in corruption, yes.
Liar, thieves, and millionaires run this country for their own pleasure as if playing a game of monopoly - The outcome means nothing to them, just look at the monetary justice system.

Reaction score
1.2 million puppets wandering the streets of DC. How does Beck operate them all at one time.

By the way Chicken is every bit as bad as the term I used on a different post. You used it in a derogatory manner and it offended me. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said: 1.2 million puppets wandering the streets of DC. How does Beck operate them all at one time.
What those on the left refuse to acknowledge is that most of the people that attend TEA Parties are not serial protesters. These people normaly would be at home attending functions for their children or at work earning a living to support their familes. Most have never left their home to go and protest anything until reciently. The left can harp on Glenn Beck and FOX and claim that they are the reason for these people are leaving their "comfort zone" to protest but if they do they are under estimating the anger that is welling up inside the average middle class American. That anger has nothing to do with Glenn Beck or FOX but Glenn Beck and FOX "get it". The left makes a big mistake when they denegrate these protesters.

Each of us has had a moment when we reached "the last straw". It is not a Republican thing or Democrat thing, a Bush thing or an Obama thing . . . it is a LAST STRAW THING! We are tired of our government taking advantage of our generous and good nature. We are tired of them taking much of our money and spending it on foolish things that we do not want or aprove of. We are tired of their redistributing the wealth and punsihing those who have found a measure of success through hard work, talent, a little luck and tenacity. We are tired of our hard earned money going to those who are less motivated or to those who are cronies of the elite. We are tired of the direction this country has been taken over the past 20 or so years. WE ARE TIRED!

For many of us, the TARP was the LAST STRAW! As we all know TARP spending was started under Bush and finished under Obama. If Bush had remained in power much longer, he would have seen these protests too! Especially if he headed us further down the path that Obama has taken us. McCain is no better, just a little slower. We might have waited a little longer to reach the point of protest, but that point would have eventually come. It is because it is not about the man, it is about the policies, graft and corruption, and the fact that we have reached saturation point.

To those on the left I say "Keep thinking that we are Kool Ade drinkers and Glenn Beck Crazies." You under estimate us at your political peril. We are becomming more educated on what is going on in Washington and who really has our interests at heart. The "silent majority" will be silent no more!

Reaction score
I could take the tea baggers a lot more seriously if they got rid of all the anti Obama signs or at least the racist ones. I would also take them more seriously if any of them could show me where their Federal taxes have been raised. Or where any of their civil liberties have been taken in the past 9 months. They seem to be protesting to the barn keeper after all the horses have left. I didn't see any protesting when Bush was spending 1 billion per day to fill body bags with Ameican soldiers. Where was the anger over that. I didn't see any of these people protest when the entire Republican side of Congress spent millions of dollars to fly back to Washington from break to try to keep a vegetable alive. I didn't see anybody say "They didn't even read the bill" when Bushes Congress passed the Patriot Act in 48 hrs. I hear a lot of anti Bush rhetoric from the right now that their messiah has crashed and burned. Where was the rhetoric when it would have done some good before he ruined the country. You even reelected him to be sure the country was truly screwed . Did his last farewell gift to all his rich buddies surprise you?

Sorry but Beck and FOX know exactly what they are doing. They are lining their pockets with the ignorance of the masses that listen to them and hang on their every lying word. Fortunately those masses are still a small minority of middle class America. Until they become more than a small minority, I won't lose any sleep over them.