Who is going to attend a TEA Party over July 4 weekend?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One reason I think "things" don't get alot of media coverage anymore----there is too much GLOBAL coverage.

if there was a dedicated "American broadcast" that gave "just" America's news.....then you would see all this covered.

But people know what to know it all....and too much has to be covered. Alot suffers. Is that good. Nope.....the world is at our fingertips and there is too much to "need to know"

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No, it wasn't covered because it doesn't fit with the lamestream medias' agenda. Oh, and according to some, there were only 15,000* there. Look at those pictures and tell me where they got that number? Wishful thinking. People are enraged, and it's not just white middle America that's standing up - pity the poor educated, conservative thinking black person in this country (I looked through those crowds when the cameras were on them, they were there, not many, but they were there). They are slammed down if they show up at these - I've heard them speak of it on several talk shows, one woman told of the huge family rift at a family gathering because she had the nerve to speak out in support of the TEA party participants. Oh, there are those, even here, who will ridicule and minimize them, too. That's the shame of it. Now if you speak out against the current line of thinking you are marginalized, and those doing the marginalization really don't realize how much further they're driving us from true freedom.

(*The DC Fire Department estimated the crowd at 75,000, yet Homeland Security estimated 1.3 million - the truth is somewhere between - but never was it estimated at 15,000).

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I agree, reinbeau. Also, after the successful law suit by PromiseKeepers over the miscounting of attendance at a past rally, the D.C. police abandoned their formula for crowd estimation. It HAD been something like 35,000 per city block. Without an official method of crowd estimation, they can throw out any number they wish. Which they did. There is simply no cogent argument to support any estimate less that at least one million attendees. When we look back on other protests, they pale in comparison. "Off the record", the police stated to event organizers that this was the largest event in the history of Washington, D.C.

And I am sorry, news fatigue just isn't a reasonable argument. No offense, but really.... This was an unbelievably enormous protest that was essentially ignored by the state controlled media. They have an agenda, and a protest by massive amounts of Americans who are fed up with what is going on...well, that's not part of it.

1098_319.jpg

This group had a substantial showing at our local event. (I was on the committee that planned it.) We required registration and thus had an accurate count, which was right at 20,000. Not bad for a small farming community. Not much press, though. Go figure.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was covered on most big networks.
It just wasn't given "1 hr. of comment or coverage" as many might have hoped for.

There is news from every angle, every country, every person on this planet almost every given day. Monster tragedy like earthquakes, then the local news that is important to the locals.

I don't think there is a conspiracy out there keeping protests from being mentioned on the media. It was covered. If not to your satisfaction, then everyone can say, that story wasn't covered to my satisfaction on any given subject.

Now, CSpan covered it for 3 full hours. Did anyone watch? Did ya'll tape it and watch?

The world news is global. Do you want an American ONLY news coverage. Might be the perfect niche for a channel now??

And the picture--that sickens me---cause the Black People Against Obama holds no more realism to me than ANY PERSON against Obama. Please.......just cause Obama has black heritage, and black people feel it is MORE than great to say we disapprove of him ---Uck------no more than a white person holding a sign that says, WHITE PEOPLE AGAINST NIXON.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't go to any tea parties 4 years ago when the Constitution actually WAS being trampled on so I can't imagine anything that would induce me to do so now. Of course we didn't have any tea parties back then because it was considered UnAmerican to protest the president and show our enemies that kind of weakness. And of course we didn't have the right to assemble under the Bush administration so that kind of put a damper on things too.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Okay, I can't help myself...

Why not? Chicken?

Sorry, I warned you.......

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:

Why not? Chicken?

Well, it would be understandable. That was back in the day when the gov't was wiretapping without court orders, throwing people in Guantanamo without due process or jury trial or even a charge, and things were a little spooky in America.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are alot of personal reasons a person would "why not".

Calling them "chicken" is wrong.

Ldychef2k said:
There are many "common terms" that are inappropriate and derisive.
Is Chicken one of those words?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I hope not, because it was a joke, relating to the previous poster's avatar. I thought that actually was pretty clear, but I guess not.

FarmerChick said:
There are alot of personal reasons a person would "why not".

Calling them "chicken" is wrong.

Ldychef2k said:
There are many "common terms" that are inappropriate and derisive.
Is Chicken one of those words?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Enemy combatants do not enjoy due process under the law. They are under military justice. Or were until now.

One of the great abuses documented at Gitmo was the weight gain of the inmates. Look it up if you think I am being a smart alec. The vast majority of the detainees gained an average of 13 pounds.

me&thegals said:
Ldychef2k said:

Why not? Chicken?

Well, it would be understandable. That was back in the day when the gov't was wiretapping without court orders, throwing people in Guantanamo without due process or jury trial or even a charge, and things were a little spooky in America.