Who reads what we write?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AL said:
go to spokeo.com and type in your name. THAT is eye opening - had a "google streetview" of my house
Well, I tried this and I agree. This IS an eye-opener. These folks have you nailed down. Wonder where they got their pics from?
Guess it's time to re-consider what we let ANYONE know about us. They even access your tax records. Isn't that a breech of your privacy? :somad
//BT//
Trim sends

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
privacy lost is not new
'they' know all about you from a while back LOL
so no need for new paranoia ;)

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
Big Brother

Just watched 1984 on regular TV last week. Pray we don't go that far.
Orwell did a great job showing a scary future!! I hope its not going that way, but they did pass the patriot acct, which obliterated the constitution, so were already 1 step in!!! Probably why the gov and big business can make profiles and spy because the patriot actt law allows this.....thats why they didnt teach me the constitution in school, it all makes sense now....

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just went to spokeo.com and entered several different versions of my name, city, and state and each time it could not find anything. I did the same with DW's name with the same results. I wonder how we managed to stay under the radar.

Veggie PAK

Power Conserver
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to the originator Icu4dzs, and all the contributors of this thread. I just read through all of it and am inspired and reassured by the awareness of fellow citizens displayed here. All the concern about Big Brother is warranted with the laws we are subjected to today. You can go to the web site below and see how the Patriot Act sweeps away the rights of American citizens.
http://www.scn.org/ccapa/pa-vs-const.html

You can also go to the site below and see the content of Executive Order 10998 that the current leader of this country signed into law. (his name withheld for tracking avoidance purposes. Don't think it isn't being done when proper names or titles are used.). This law gives the ability to "the forces" to come onto your property and confiscate any foodstuffs that you have grown since you are involved in food production if you have your own garden.
http://www.disastercenter.com/laworder/10998.htm

You can go to the link below to read about how the Defense Authorization Act basically ran roughshod over the Posse Comitatus Act that used to prohibit our military from taking over control of the states without any discussion with the governors.
http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/martial_law_made_easy.html
An excerpt follows:
MARTIAL LAW MADE EASY
OMINOUS LEGISLATION PASSES CONGRESS WITH LITTLE PROTEST
[ The Founders, as expressed in the written history of the timespublished speeches and letterswere anxious to never have a national police force for fear it would be used to centralize power at the federal level and weaken the role of states. The president can now, effectively, deploy a national police force to any location in the country on a whim. The 1878 Posse Comitatus Act reads: Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the military as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than two years or both.]

Keep your eyes and ears open for changes that aren't as beneficial as they would have us think.

"...as they would have us think.". That's the key.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
While it is always important to obey the law, frankly, I think most of us would be happier west of the 97th and north of the 45th Seems that the Big Muddy might be the new MasonDixon Line. :old

//BT//
Trim sends

Naughty

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
Henrietta23 said:
Sheesh!! Not too bright, huh?
I honestly don't understand this need that some people have to publish their every thought and movement on FB. I'll post something kind of trivial or dumb once in a while but it's usually because I know it may spark a little conversation. I've got a "friend" who posts when she's going to bed each night. Who cares!!??? Another will post from her phone that she is grocery shopping. I'm tempted to text her and ask her to pick something up for me....
Do it! I dare you to. Make that, I double dog dare you to. :D
:lol:

Do it!!! Do it!! Do it!!
Ask her to pick you up some hemorroid cream...

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Naughty said:
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
Do it! I dare you to. Make that, I double dog dare you to. :D
:lol:

Do it!!! Do it!! Do it!!
Ask her to pick you up some hemorroid cream...
Hemorrhoid cream will be good and so would some disease prevention devices... :lol: :gig :lol: