Who reads what we write?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
When the zombies do come (and I did say when) the thing that will irritate me the most is that they will probably trample down my garden, not recognizing it as food, to steal some useless thing like my TV.
You said it. :/

I'm with you 100%.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Henrietta23 said:
I'm another pay as you go use the phone for emergencies and not much else kind of person.
Ya, me too, but DH isn't. When we moved out here, he insisted that I have a cell phone. He tells everyone that he's had to drag me (screaming and kicking up dust) into the 21st century. I have a suspicion that he might be right... :D
My husband made me get one too. I always forget to charge it or turn it on, and then he gets upset with me because, "What if something happened and your phone went dead?!" :idunno

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
calendula said:
Marianne said:
Henrietta23 said:
I'm another pay as you go use the phone for emergencies and not much else kind of person.
Ya, me too, but DH isn't. When we moved out here, he insisted that I have a cell phone. He tells everyone that he's had to drag me (screaming and kicking up dust) into the 21st century. I have a suspicion that he might be right... :D
My husband made me get one too. I always forget to charge it or turn it on, and then he gets upset with me because, "What if something happened and your phone went dead?!" :idunno
I made my husband get one (also pay as you go). He almost never has it on him. Or it's not on. Or charged. He doesn't know how to retrieve a message if anyone leaves him one. It is an awesome paperweight! :rolleyes:

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
So all my friends who send some message from their fancy phones to Facebook saying, "Joe was at Fred's Pizza" via iPhone are buying right into this tracking system, right?
I know someone in real estate who has been dealing with an overzealous client (read stalker) and yet this person constantly posts on facebook "I am at XYZ restaurant; I am headed to get a haircut at ABC salon; etc." I just scratch my head and think, wow if I was dealing with someone following me, I probably wouldn't be putting out a breadcrumb trail.....:ep

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
Henrietta23 said:
So all my friends who send some message from their fancy phones to Facebook saying, "Joe was at Fred's Pizza" via iPhone are buying right into this tracking system, right?
I know someone in real estate who has been dealing with an overzealous client (read stalker) and yet this person constantly posts on facebook "I am at XYZ restaurant; I am headed to get a haircut at ABC salon; etc." I just scratch my head and think, wow if I was dealing with someone following me, I probably wouldn't be putting out a breadcrumb trail.....:ep
Ya, no kidding. And why would they think that anyone would want to read that stuff anyway? Other than the stalker. I did the realtor gig briefly years ago, so I understand the importance of advertising, but that's ridiculous. JMO

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Sheesh!! Not too bright, huh?
I honestly don't understand this need that some people have to publish their every thought and movement on FB. I'll post something kind of trivial or dumb once in a while but it's usually because I know it may spark a little conversation. I've got a "friend" who posts when she's going to bed each night. Who cares!!??? Another will post from her phone that she is grocery shopping. I'm tempted to text her and ask her to pick something up for me....

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I SAY a faraday cage which can be simple as a aluminum phone case, no large thing is needed, because most phones are made with an internal battery so you cant take the battery out. for example the iphone. so a metal case would be the better thing to do with the future of phones lol..

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's interesting that we (the SS family here) is discussing cell phones. Yeah, I'm an old fart, but I think cell phones are terrible. DW insisted that I get one about 8 years ago when I spent lots of time at our farm alone. I carried it for a few weeks and lost it for a month. I didn't look for it but I happened to see it laying under the carburetor in my truck. It was ruined so I threw it away. She was furious and got me another one. I keep it in my dresser drawer under my socks and I think the last time I charged it was in February.

Hi honey, I made it to work. I love you.
Hi honey, I'm going on break now, I love you.
Hi honey, I'm off work now and I'll be home in 40 minutes. I love you.
Hi honey, I'm pulling into the driveway now. I love you.

Sheesh! What a crock of crap. :rant

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got a cellphone some years ago; one with pre-paid minutes, that we had only for emergencies. Only 1 or 2 people even know the number. Then, when DH was doing chemo a few years ago it seemed reasonable to get a second; that way I could do other things for the 4 hours he as at the dr's, and he could call me when he was done. Again, hardly anyone knows the number. He is better, but we still have both phones. They are handy when we are traveling, and certainly so when/if we need to call AAA from some out of the way place. But they are not our *main* phones. I hate talking on the phone anyway. We have an answering machine for messages on our landline; I don't need or want to be available to other people with phones at all hours of the day or night.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Henrietta23 said:
Sheesh!! Not too bright, huh?
I honestly don't understand this need that some people have to publish their every thought and movement on FB. I'll post something kind of trivial or dumb once in a while but it's usually because I know it may spark a little conversation. I've got a "friend" who posts when she's going to bed each night. Who cares!!??? Another will post from her phone that she is grocery shopping. I'm tempted to text her and ask her to pick something up for me....
Do it! I dare you to. Make that, I double dog dare you to. :D

Latest posts