Whole30 Diet

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
EVERYTHING BAGEL CAULIFLOWER ROLLS

MAKES 8 ROLLS

START TO FINISH: 50 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS

1 medium head cauliflower, riced (4 cups)

⅓ cup almond flour

1 teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon kosher salt

3 large eggs, lightly whisked

3 tablespoons “everything bagel” spice

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with nonstick spray.

2. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with the almond flour, garlic powder and salt. Mix in the whisked eggs to combine.

3. Divide the mixture into 8 even pieces and roll into balls. Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “everything bagel” spice.

4. Bake until the rolls are golden brown around the edges and dry to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes.

5. Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then carefully transfer to a rack to cool completely.

cauli rolls.png

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
those sound good! I found the recipe for the bagel spice too!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have been doing good on this diet. We both want bread. Today we skidded sideways.......

The feed store where we buy horse feed has closed for several weeks. I have 2 senior horses, 28 and 30, no way I'm changing feed. So we found the same brand some 40 miles away and bought 20 bags. That ought to hold us for awhile!

Coming back, we came through Edom, Tx where there is a café famous for their chicken fried steak. :drool:drool:drool EEEERRRRKKKKK!!!!!! did y'all hear DH's truck tires screeching into the parking lot?? :lol: We both ordered the chicken fried steak and 2 sides. The waitress brought us 2 fluffy yeast rolls and a cornbread muffin. We devoured them. We could barely finish the steaks and didn't eat much of the sides, mashed potatoes and carrots (must have been cooked in 5 pounds of sugar :sick) for me and mashed potatoes and fried okra for DH. Then the pie....... We split a piece. We left and I felt nauseated. The sweet from the pie was sickening to both of us. We agreed, NO MORE PIE! Back to our vegetables and NOT FRIED meats!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lesson learned! Your body changes :idunno

ON THE FLIP side --- bet that bread & pie was fabulous going into your mouth, right??? :lol: :drool

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bread, yes. Pie, half way through the half of a piece, I knew it was a mistake. Blech.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've noticed after being off sugar and other carbs for over a year now, if I try to cheat it never tastes as good as I remember, and I end up with a headache for the rest of the day. So I don't cheat. The most I might do these days is stretch it just a bit, like having peas as a side dish (only went over my allowance by 3 grams, so not bad)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain! After being on my diet for however long, I now can eat what I want. Tonight I ate some ice cream... It was gross. Way way too sweet and I ate about 2 bites. My plan is to keep my newfound taste buds and take advantage of enjoying healthier food! Lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today for lunch we had leftover pork roast, a green salad and fruit medley. I sectioned two grapefruit, cut up a mango, added 2 cups of frozen blueberries we picked in July, shredded unsweetened coconut and pecans. We'll eat the rest of the fruit tonight. Yummy!

img_2391-jpg.23987